d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Drummer And Guitar Equipment Help > Help!
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2011 04:34pm
Hi there :P, i want a new acoustic guitar, and while i was thinking about going to the guitar center my nephew was telling me about he was starting in band at school on his unifomiam or something weird like that and a thought crossed my mind. I have an old drumset! I got it maybe 6-7 years ago thinking i would enjoy it, it retailed for something like 800$ after everything.

id like to ask if any of you have experience with music trade ins. I could put it up on craigs list, but id really rather just try to get a trade in at a music shop. Its a Pearl Emperor? Set. Its 5 drums(snare/2x toms/low tom/bass) and i believe it has a highhat and a ride cymbal + all the other things that came stock like the bass drum pedal, the stands for the cymbals and highhat and pedal and stands for the toms. Its basically in perfect condition was only played for a year or two and VERY lightly, considering what most drumsets must go through. I never put new heads on them, the cymbals are cheap etc. There maybe be some things missing like the "feet(little plastic things)" on the low tom, and things like that because it was moved several times, there may even be scratches on the finish but im not sure until i get a look at it, its been in storage for a year now.

Anyway, im looking to trade it in, see how much i can get for it, and then pay the differnce (if there is any) and try to get that martin DX1 i have been drooling over :P Any of you have a good way to approach this? im asking because its quite a long drive to the guitar center(maybe some shops are better for trade ins?) and i dont want to make the trip unless im sure i can get rid of it. I dont need it at all so i would take anything basically but theres no point in me driving 2+ hours for 100$, id rather list it on craigs list. Maybe craigs list or a pawn shop would be a better way to go about selling it and then just buy the guitar i want?
Gold: 36.00
Aug 23 2011 04:38pm
Guitar Center will give you about 30% of the new value of any given instrument in good condition, which is pretty bad, but passable since they will normally knock 15% off of a new purchase as well if you buy something there. Craigslist will net you about 50% of the new value man, but make sure you know exactly what you have. I would say craigslist it, also GC will NOT give you an estimate over the phone so you have to take it in for them to look at it, and hell they may not even take it. Just don't take it to a pawnshop, since you would be lucky to 15-20% of the value.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 23 2011 05:37pm
Quote (Automatica @ Aug 23 2011 06:38pm)
Guitar Center will give you about 30% of the new value of any given instrument in good condition, which is pretty bad, but passable since they will normally knock 15% off of a new purchase as well if you buy something there. Craigslist will net you about 50% of the new value man, but make sure you know exactly what you have. I would say craigslist it, also GC will NOT give you an estimate over the phone so you have to take it in for them to look at it, and hell they may not even take it. Just don't take it to a pawnshop, since you would be lucky to 15-20% of the value.

i guess ill look into putting it on craigs lists
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll