d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Bought The Apogee Jam For My Mac, Some Recordings
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36.00
Jul 27 2011 12:46pm
So I just picked up an Apogee Jam interface to use with garageband. Started messing with it last night (like 4am, so morning rather). Recorded the beginnings to two different songs, really just to try and get a feel for it.

These are with no mixing/mastering, basically just laid the guitar tracks down and programmed a very simple drum beat to them to fill them out.

The two are "Defender" and "Crash Landing" Let me know what you think, I am mainly going to use this program to bounce ideas off the other band members....also if anyone is really familiar with Garageband 11' let me know of any good resources you may have on the program, just bought the Garageband and the interface yesterday so I am still very new at using it.

http://soundcloud.com/automatica/tracks
Gold: 0.00
Jul 27 2011 01:34pm
sounds pretty good to me.
How much was the program? im not too familiar with these kinds of things but its definitely something i want to get into.
Gold: 36.00
Jul 27 2011 01:40pm
Quote (span_coma @ Jul 27 2011 12:34pm)
sounds pretty good to me.
How much was the program? im not too familiar with these kinds of things but its definitely something i want to get into.

Well Garageband is only $14.99 I think?? Or that was how much it was to upgrade from my other garageband (not sure). The interface was mac only as well. I have a total of $115 into my recording setup. And honestly with no experience I am getting really usable sounds. I play in a pop punk/90's emo type of band, so this is close to my style but a bit different.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 28 2011 06:45pm
Quote (Automatica @ Jul 27 2011 01:40pm)
Well Garageband is only $14.99 I think?? Or that was how much it was to upgrade from my other garageband (not sure). The interface was mac only as well. I have a total of $115 into my recording setup. And honestly with no experience I am getting really usable sounds. I play in a pop punk/90's emo type of band, so this is close to my style but a bit different.

Nice, that's not too bad..
idk if i even need to spend that money though..
I'm sure there's a way to find these programs for "free" if i look hard enough..haha
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll