d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Questions About Tuning > Ya I Need Help Again
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2011 08:26pm
ok so i have some questions that all sort of fit this catagory that i just havnt bothered to ask yet.

first of all, is it worth spending the time to learn/practice all the fingerings in different tunings, open G, open D, etc. How valuable is it to learn say C major, and g major, barre chords etc, in these tunings?

2nd, i didnt really have any instructions on tuning the guitar i have, or stringing it (it had a missing string). So i did a really crappy drop of "twisting?" the strings on the tuning pegs, and the other day i noticed one was buzzing cuz the part of the string that was hanging off(didnt have wire clippers), was touching where the string is taught going from the tuning peg to the frets. I fixed that but if anyone can link me to a good site on how to string a guitar, i might go buy new strings just to restring it once the proper way(idk how to knot it up).

finally, those of you who viewed this post. If you have favorited anything regarding music theory, idc if its beginner or advanced, and you feel like it was well taught or very complete in its method and application to guitar I would be grateful if youd pm me the links, or just post them. I am constantly trying to find good sites where there is a structured approach to learning music theory. I am not incredible on the guitar but i feel like I am getting better at guitar faster than I am getting better with the theory..
Gold: 186.55
Jul 8 2011 05:20am
Quote (blunderwonder2 @ Jul 7 2011 09:26pm)

first of all, is it worth spending the time to learn/practice all the fingerings in different tunings, open G, open D, etc.  How valuable is it to learn say C major, and g major, barre chords etc, in these tunings?

wouldn't worry as much about that.

these links will help
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+string+a+guitar
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+tune+a+guitar
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll