d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > New Project, Some Recordings :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36.00
May 25 2011 09:24pm
Me and buddy of mine tedon, just laid these tracks down tonight, the first one is not done, the second and 3rd are musically done (no vocals yet, he is working on them). Not mixed or mastered yet, but you get the idea :)

http://soundcloud.com/automatica/tracks

(I am on both guitars and bass, tedon is on drums and soon vocals)

This post was edited by Automatica on May 25 2011 09:27pm
Gold: 0.00
May 26 2011 08:47am
Sounds good. But honestly it sound like most typical punk/new age bands nowa days. sounds almost exactly like Blink182/Good charlotte/etc.
May 26 2011 11:16am
Quote (weasleface @ May 26 2011 07:47am)
Sounds good. But honestly it sound like most typical punk/new age bands nowa days. sounds almost exactly like Blink182/Good charlotte/etc.

In a way that is the point lol, the project is going to attempting to be a throwback to bands like homegrown, bowling for soup, old blink..... although we may change it up a little.

pop punk will come back

also the vocals will help differentiate, music for post punk styles is pretty similar.

This post was edited by Automatica on May 26 2011 11:20am
Gold: Locked
May 26 2011 11:55am
Sounds professional to me great job

Obviously vocals are an important part of the music but if theyre at the same level as the instrumentals then your songs will be amazing

Don't listen to weasleface his stuff sounds terrible and I've never seen him give a straight up compliment, always backhanded ones like he did here ^^
May 26 2011 12:05pm
Quote (PerfectMurder @ May 26 2011 10:55am)

Obviously vocals are an important part of the music but if theyre at the same level as the instrumentals then your songs will be amazing

Don't listen to weasleface his stuff sounds terrible and I've never seen him give a straight up compliment, always backhanded ones like he did here ^^

Tedon is the singer/recording guy, he is going to school to be an audio engineer

here is the last project me and him were in together (him on vocals, me and another guy on guitar, also excuse the horrible metal breakdown I hated it)

http://soundcloud.com/city-automatic let her sink is one of them, the other stuff is stuff he recorded for other bands and acts
May 26 2011 01:37pm
Quote (Automatica @ May 26 2011 01:16pm)
In a way that is the point lol, the project is going to attempting to be a throwback to bands like homegrown, bowling for soup, old blink..... although we may change it up a little.

pop punk will come back

also the vocals will help differentiate, music for post punk styles is pretty similar.

Ah ok, well if thats your goal then you did a really great job accomplishing it.

Quote (PerfectMurder @ May 26 2011 01:55pm)

lol. I give my honest opinion. I could lie to every person here, but i perfer to be honest.

Just because I perfer not to listen to new age bands doesn't mean they aren't popular.

Did you not even read the first thing I said? "Sounds good."

and you have a taste in music just like I do, so why should I give a shit what you think of mine? lol

And yes I have given direct compliments asshole. heres one for ya --> http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=53995351&f=187&o=10

This post was edited by weasleface on May 26 2011 01:45pm
Gold: Locked
May 26 2011 06:08pm
Quote (Automatica @ May 26 2011 01:05pm)
Tedon is the singer/recording guy, he is going to school to be an audio engineer

here is the last project me and him were in together (him on vocals, me and another guy on guitar, also excuse the horrible metal breakdown I hated it)

http://soundcloud.com/city-automatic let her sink is one of them, the other stuff is stuff he recorded for other bands and acts

Singing is good, screaming isn't though (and I do listen to music with that kind of vocals in it)

Have you guys been ever been signed or asked to? A lot of local bands where I live get some kind of record deal that are nowhere near your level
May 26 2011 06:42pm
Quote (PerfectMurder @ May 26 2011 05:08pm)
Singing is good, screaming isn't though (and I do listen to music with that kind of vocals in it)

Have you guys been ever been signed or asked to? A lot of local bands where I live get some kind of record deal that are nowhere near your level

he won't be screaming in the new band honestly but that isn't the best example of his screams, he his actually quite good, but no, we haven't even gigged yet let alone been signed to even a small indie lable.... this started as a studio project from the start, but once we get everything set we are going to start booking

This post was edited by Automatica on May 26 2011 06:46pm
May 27 2011 05:21pm
i liked it, if the lead guitar was more clear it would sound alot like blink 182, hope that guy has a nice voice and some good lyrics
May 27 2011 05:45pm
Quote (blunderwonder2 @ May 27 2011 04:21pm)
i liked it, if the lead guitar was more clear it would sound alot like blink 182, hope that guy has a nice voice and some good lyrics

In my opinion tedon is a great vocalist already with a lot of potential, I am recording more this weekend hopefully sometime next week I can have an update with some complete songs
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll