d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Fractured
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,807.80
May 7 2011 07:32am
Yup, I have definately fractured my thumb. Whether it's a hairline or not is another question, but it's been 3 weeks since I hurt my thumb - and I still can't play guitar properly or lift things with my left hand.

I caught a badly thrown american football on the tip of my left thumb, and it immediately did the whole swelling thing. So tonight after work, i'm gonna sit down and try desperately to play some guitar because I havn't done any real playing in 4+ weeks and it upsets me greatly :(

Be careful with your hands musicians - they are so damn important
Gold: 13.37
May 7 2011 11:54am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ May 7 2011 09:32am)
Yup, I have definately fractured my thumb. Whether it's a hairline or not is another question, but it's been 3 weeks since I hurt my thumb - and I still can't play guitar properly or lift things with my left hand.

I caught a badly thrown american football on the tip of my left thumb, and it immediately did the whole swelling thing. So tonight after work, i'm gonna sit down and try desperately to play some guitar because I havn't done any real playing in 4+ weeks and it upsets me greatly :(

I hear theres a place you can get that checked out.. I cant remember the name though.
Gold: 1,786.00
May 7 2011 08:00pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ May 7 2011 06:32am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mlfTYAaUWc
Gold: 0.00
May 7 2011 10:48pm
Nooooooooo that sucks man. It's like my worst nightmare to fuck up one of my hands. Not being able to play would be hell.

This post was edited by DeepPurple on May 7 2011 10:48pm
Gold: 1,786.00
May 8 2011 01:01am
Quote (DeepPurple @ May 7 2011 09:48pm)
Nooooooooo that sucks man. It's like my worst nightmare to fuck up one of my hands. Not being able to play would be hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mlfTYAaUWc
Gold: 1,611.00
May 8 2011 09:41am
yeah 5 dayus ago i broke my collarbone. doc said 6-8 weeks tilll healed. i cant play guitar its aweful. and i also got the injury from football
Gold: 19,597.59
May 8 2011 11:58am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ May 7 2011 08:32am)

ABSOLUTELY go get an x-ray. i made the mistake of waiting on god to heal my left wrist and still have problems with it (3 years of BS). luckily i can play music without too much pain/numbness.
Gold: 4,807.80
May 9 2011 07:34am
Quote (notte44 @ 8 May 2011 15:41)
yeah 5 dayus ago i broke my collarbone. doc said 6-8 weeks tilll healed. i cant play guitar its aweful. and i also got the injury from football

Fucking footballs lol xDD

Peeps - I have an update.

Thumb is still sore, but last night I spent about 2 hours playing Megadeth/Stevie Ray Vaughan/Metallica/Testament on my new Fender Mustang, Sally and I felt little-no pain! No soreness after, the occasional pain when playing above 12th fret but very easy to adjust! I'm so glad lol - and the new guitar is fuckin AWESOME \m/ Beautiful neck, chords just fit into my hand and there's no extra movement when playing, if anything I move my hand less as the neck is chunkyish, but the frets aren't Jumbo.

Fender ftw :D Gonna try some Gary Moore tonight - watched his Live In Dublin last night and I gotta say that although he is the king of sweat and funny faces, he is so great with rhythm and chords.
Gold: 44.25
May 9 2011 05:07pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ May 7 2011 08:32am)

As a drummer, I agree. though there's less finesse involved finger-wise, if I fucked up my wrist I'd be screwed.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll