d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My Guitar Ballad (original) > Harmonica/acoustic/electric
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,299.00
Apr 19 2011 08:54am
Hello guys! I was on here before then got away from it. Would really like you musicians to give me some constructive advice/opinions about this guitar ballad i made and maybe check out some other songs on my channel if interested. FYI i started singing about 3 months ago to. Post away, Thanks!
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2011 12:29pm
First of all, would like to say good playing but It sounds more like a mess of harmonica and distorted guitar than an actual song.

I would recommend using panning so it doesn't sound so messy. And the harmonica isn't really needed, I can barely hear it anyway.

If your gonna use it. Pan it to the left or right some and turn the volume up on it.

The Rhythm guitar seems off beat at times but if you use a metronome or a drum beat to keep on track that should fix it easy.

keep it up :)

This post was edited by weasleface on Apr 19 2011 12:44pm
Gold: 1,299.00
Apr 19 2011 02:11pm
I see what you mean man.

Well how this all began was my brother came down to the band room i was like dude don't this harmonica sounds cool with this acoustic so i played it for him, and he was like record it. So i recorded just a quick rythm track with the harmonica at the same time so they was both on the same channel i couldn't really mess with it.

After that i was thinkin "hey this would be a cool background for a ballad type of guitar track" so i laid down a quick improv over it using my morley tremonti wah getting a bit of slash tone mic'd with the Les Paul and Fender Deville 2X12.

But yeah i agree the harmonica was a bit much i should of added just some parts or something if anything definitely had it on another channel and panned it.

The original acoustic track was pretty much on tempo and the electric was played over top of that so i think it was more the harmonica, as i am not a harmonica player at all

I definitely do need to start using a metronome or backing tracks i've notice things in some of my other cover songs.

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll