d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > ***maroon 5- She Will Be Loved (cover)***
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.92
Apr 13 2011 06:56pm
Hey guys the last video i put up here was a little while ago, but i really want some feedback on this maroon 5 cover i did. Thanks guys here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61OLDOmDGe8&feature=player_profilepage
Apr 17 2011 06:41pm
hedley cover is up too guys check it out.
cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZijzZ5Pc3Po&feature=channel_video_title
Gold: 20.00
Apr 18 2011 12:02am
i feel like you're trying too hard to imitate levine's style of singing. the excellent part about covers is how you can orient around yourself and make it, "your," song.

work on pitch. you can be all over the place at times, and work on ease of accessibility into the higher registers; how's your technique? try a little more diaphragm and a little less throat in your singing.

you seem like you transition into falsetto a little unreadily; it sounds like it takes preemptive preparation for you to reach up there, and your volume and tone takes a hit. try some vocal stretching to make it a little more readily accessible so you can cross up into that register without trading off too much.

regardless of all the criticism, there's lots of promise here. keep up the good work.
Gold: 10,749.43
Apr 18 2011 01:44pm
I really enjoyed the cover, I kinda agree with Giveuptheghost, work on your singing a bit but you sound good and nice guitar playing. I wish I could sing that high, :P

Keep up the good work and keep on practicing :)
Apr 18 2011 03:33pm
thanks guys, and thanks for the help give up the ghost, ive never taken any sort of singing lessons or music lessons so i dont really know what all of it means, i dont know any vocal stretching excercises. if you are feeling generous today a nice msg with a more detailed description would be awesome or some stretching techniques, or even a link to a website where i can read up about this stuff. You seem to know what your talking about so any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for the help you have already give :)
Apr 18 2011 03:34pm
i also put up a new song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZijzZ5Pc3Po&feature=related its break even by the script a great band. Any tips would be awesome ty everyone who helps and watches :)
Gold: 20.00
Apr 18 2011 10:58pm
sit up really straight and flex your abs. take in a breath and push your air out slowly . if you place the tips of your fingers on your stomach, you should be able to feel it deflate like a balloon.

that is a crucial muscle to singing and i think you should work on making more come from there as opposed to your head.

and try opening your throat a little more. take a sharp breath in. if you note how your throat opens up, it's very similar. or try to yawn; that feeling that your throat gets is a sign of efficient technique.

for vocal exercises, start small. talk in your speaking voice and take note of your, "natural," range. from there, try some scales and go up to a little less than as high as you can go, and work on arpeggios. after a while, work on octaves and whatnot.

also, try to sustain a single note cleanly. try not to waver, and try to remain, "on pitch." after lots of work, you'll notice things really paying off.

This post was edited by Giveuptheghost on Apr 18 2011 11:03pm
Apr 20 2011 01:41pm
well that is extremely helpful thanks a lot brotha!!! B)
Gold: 1,299.00
Apr 20 2011 01:56pm
I think it kicks ass dude, nice falsetto ect... the more you practice the better you get as long as you try to improve. I started singing not to long ago and i can tell a pretty big difference from now till then just been experimenting with a wide range of vocals working on harmonizing ect... I never thought i could sing but as i looked at alot of johnny cash and willie nelson songs i was like i can surely do this good at a cover if not better and i guess that is hat inspired me.
Apr 20 2011 06:34pm
thanks bro and yea i totally agree with you
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll