d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Rocktron Utopia G300
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 107.00
Apr 13 2011 11:46am
I'm going to buy this fucker from guitar center for a lot of reasons. Anyone have any experience with this model and not the 100 or 200? I'll list my experience when it ships from wherever the fuck Guitar Center keeps the bulk of their shit, because apparently it's not good business to have 1 in the store in case someone wants one.
Apr 21 2011 10:08am
Update, damn this thing finally arrived in a huge ass box today.

It's soo sick so far, and I've only just started reading the manual. You have the ability to control every spectrum of everything being produced. They explain exactly how the effect works and how you are allowed to change it and the rest is up to your imagination.

So much control it's almost daunting, but after a couple sessions I should get used to it.
Apr 23 2011 06:13pm
Alright, now that I've had some experience with this thing I can say... damn.

A lot of options available, one thing I don't like is that it's quiet (although I remember reading about setting the volume on it and I can't remember how). The sounds you can achieve on this are as far as your imagination will take you. I personally love the way it sounds on my amp, either in distortion or clean. I get idea's from tones and a lot of creativity is just flowing from me with this thing.

Pro's:
A lot of options (including a variety of tones, mod's, and presets)
Durable (pure metal, and weighs close to 10+ pounds I think)
Sexy (Can't say I've seen better)
Easy
Ability to record

Con's:
Cost (although it is a cheaper option then other multi effects processors)
Volume (although that can be fixed as well)
No loop feature (there should be one, no excuse)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll