d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Any Guitar Technicians?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,807.80
Apr 12 2011 05:24am
My job pisses me off - I am relied on, and not paid extra to fix/restring/test/adjust n00b guitars we sell (Nevada/Yamaha/Jacksonville) all the shit makes.

Is anyone in here a paid guitar techy? I.e. working in a guitar shop/following bands or musicians on tour & fixing/maintaining the equipment.

I would love to get into it, but I have no idea where to start. I can't make guitars as I never did enough woodwork classes in school, and don't have any degree or much knowledge about electronics.

LMK
Gold: 19,597.59
Apr 12 2011 10:31am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Apr 12 2011 06:24am)
My job pisses me off - I am relied on, and not paid extra to fix/restring/test/adjust n00b guitars we sell (Nevada/Yamaha/Jacksonville) all the shit makes.

Is anyone in here a paid guitar techy? I.e. working in a guitar shop/following bands or musicians on tour & fixing/maintaining the equipment.

I would love to get into it, but I have no idea where to start. I can't make guitars as I never did enough woodwork classes in school, and don't have any degree or much knowledge about electronics.

LMK

ive been apprenticing in a music shop for a few years. you've already got experience, big plus. find the place you want to work, ask if they will train you on site. or go to redwing. its awesome. on the last day of class there is a guitar throwing competition, to be fixed by the next semester.

http://www.redwingmusicrepair.org/guitar/index.html

arent u in europe though?
http://www.13thfret.com/luthiers.shtml

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Apr 12 2011 10:32am
Gold: 4,807.80
Apr 13 2011 02:30am
I'm afraid that would require me moving to Vikings homeland - and that I cannot do lol.

I am going to look into a few of the London based ones, and also check out the colleges around me for it.

RedWing sounds awesome though :D
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll