d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My Nyc Gig Offer > Wow
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,597.59
Jan 30 2011 06:12pm
ive gigged for 10 years locally and toured a few times mostly with bluegrass bands. i joined a latin/folk/etc band called brent berry band a year ago and have been playing a lot more different kinds of shows with bigger crowds and such. lots of college girls dancing = single man's dream, i dig it. ive never got a gig offer like this: round trip paid airfare to NYC to play 1 gig at a private birthday party, 2 hotel rooms (for the two of us going) at a 4 star. 1 block from central park, we get a driver (wtf?), per diems for food/etc, on top of per diem i get $600 i assume other member is getting $1k+. the only tough part is only 2 of us are going. no conga, no upright bass and no backup vocal. how o how do we break it to them? the bass player is new and the conga player is too busy anyways im sure, but poor little suzi caked just graduated and has no job.

we are on youtube/facebook, come check it out.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jan 31 2011 03:49am
Thats awesome dude - congratulations! This is the kind of "break" that crops up and changes peoples lives. This could be the beginning! :o
Gold: 44.25
Jan 31 2011 10:25pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Jan 30 2011 07:12pm)
ive gigged for 10 years locally and toured a few times mostly with bluegrass bands. i joined a latin/folk/etc band called brent berry band a year ago and have been playing a lot more different kinds of shows with bigger crowds and such. lots of college girls dancing = single man's dream, i dig it. ive never got a gig offer like this: round trip paid airfare to NYC to play 1 gig at a private birthday party, 2 hotel rooms (for the two of us going) at a 4 star. 1 block from central park, we get a driver (wtf?), per diems for food/etc, on top of per diem i get $600 i assume other member is getting $1k+. the only tough part is only 2 of us are going. no conga, no upright bass and no backup vocal. how o how do we break it to them? the bass player is new and the conga player is too busy anyways im sure, but poor little suzi caked just graduated and has no job.

we are on youtube/facebook, come check it out.

I understand that some of your mates will be upset that they can't go. But this is your show; make it count!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll