d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Help Musicians Chat! > I Want To Learn Piano
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Jan 25 2011 02:53pm
I'm a guitarist with about four years of experience but I'm a novice. I want to take piano lessons at my local music shop. My question is what's an affordable beginner keyboard? The reason I'm picking a keyboard is its versatility, its cost effectiveness (is imagine its cheaper than a piano) and easy transportation. Any input would be great. I'm doing this because I suck at reading music and I want to go to music school or make music my career. I've taught myself almost everything I know except for one semester of guitar class in high school and I know I need more guidance.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jan 25 2011 03:00pm
Yamaha do everything i have learned over the years.
Gold: 36.00
Jan 25 2011 03:10pm
Get something very simple like this man

http://keyboards-midi.musiciansfriend.com/product/Casio-CDP100-88Note-Weighted-Hammer-Action-Digital-Piano?sku=706083

It is a Casio 88 key digital piano (not keyboard), the difference is, is that the only sounds it has are piano sounds, not a bunch of stupid tap tempo songs, horrible horn effects, or anything unnecesarry. It is a no frills piano that you can carry around, I have played that particular one, and it sounds quite nice actually.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll