d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Good, Cheap Flying-v Guitars?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2011 12:37pm
Just curious if anybody knows anything about decent flying-v guitars at affordable rates? Like models, brand. that shaz.

I'm not really looking to buy any guitar right now because I'm REALLY new to guitar, etc.
Currently just borrowing a friends, and i'll probably just end up buying like a standard ibanez guitar or something.
Also i know that its probably pretty standard for every new guitar player to just want a guitar that looks cool haha.

I'm waiting at least 6 months before i buy my own since i can't do much right now anyways.

But im just really curious because i really like the look of them. :D

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jan 6 2011 12:43pm
Gold: 36.00
Jan 6 2011 04:28pm
Honestly man I would wait on a flying v... and only for the reason that they are kind of a pain in the ass to play while sitting down and you will most likely be sitting when you practice for the most part...

but if you are set on one.... while its not my preference Dean makes several affordable V shaped models, as well as jackson has several that are low.... epiphone also has a few lower priced versions.... what is going to be your budget?? Budget is probably the biggest tool for looking at guitars man
Jan 7 2011 01:53am
Quote (Automatica @ Jan 6 2011 05:28pm)
Honestly man I would wait on a flying v... and only for the reason that they are kind of a pain in the ass to play while sitting down and you will most likely be sitting when you practice for the most part...

but if you are set on one.... while its not my preference Dean makes several affordable V shaped models, as well as jackson has several that are low.... epiphone also has a few lower priced versions.... what is going to be your budget?? Budget is probably the biggest tool for looking at guitars man

Yeah, I've heard that about the sitting part as well. :\
One advantage though is that it's a lot narrower towards the bottom of the neck so you could reach the higher frets on lets say "E" a lot easier.

Hmm. Right now my budget would be around $500. It's not too much, but Yeah.

I'm going to be putting a lot of thought into my first guitar also, i'm not really in a rush. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for the comment!
Jan 7 2011 02:29am
Oh, I'll probably definetly buy a used one too. Better guitar for less. :P
Gold: 4,807.80
Jan 7 2011 03:31am
Definately the most uncomfy guitar on the planet lol. Virtually impossible to play sitting down.

I do however suggest you look at Tokai, Jackson and perhaps even Nevada if you just want to look cool. I do strongly recommend you try out a few, and sit down with them so you understand the whole new position you gotta play in.
Jan 7 2011 09:30am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jan 7 2011 04:31am)
Definately the most uncomfy guitar on the planet lol. Virtually impossible to play sitting down.

I do however suggest you look at Tokai, Jackson and perhaps even Nevada if you just want to look cool. I do strongly recommend you try out a few, and sit down with them so you understand the whole new position you gotta play in.

Aha, alright thanks for the advice.

Yeah, I'm sorta looking for quality first then looks.

I do got kinda a longing for a lot of the 80s 90s guitars. But im also pretty inexperienced at the moment and im aware that a lot of guitars that may look cool, will just have a shit sound or something wrong with them. Lol.

It's all a long ways away :D

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Jan 7 2011 09:49am
Gold: 1.00
Jan 9 2011 01:14am
ugh they are sooooo annoying to play. Cant sit and play with them, and when you are standing the bottom is SO heavy the headstock tilts upwards and its just a pain in the ass. Sound is propietary of the wood and electronics more so the shape. In fact the only shape I can think of that would matter is if it had a carved top vs no carved top. Obviously more wood = more sound though. V's are NOT light.
Jan 9 2011 03:03pm
Quote (linuxpenguin @ Jan 9 2011 02:14am)
ugh they are sooooo annoying to play. Cant sit and play with them, and when you are standing the bottom is SO heavy the headstock tilts upwards and its just a pain in the ass. Sound is propietary of the wood and electronics more so the shape. In fact the only shape I can think of that would matter is if it had a carved top vs no carved top. Obviously more wood = more sound though. V's are NOT light.

Gracias. :P

Yeah it's all up in the air right now.
Even if i get a pretty basic design, i'll do something to make it awesome. like randy rhoads it with white polkadots. :D
Gold: 1.00
Jan 9 2011 03:29pm
Quote (GLYC123 @ Jan 9 2011 09:03pm)
Gracias. :P

Yeah it's all up in the air right now.
Even if i get a pretty basic design, i'll do something to make it awesome. like randy rhoads it with white polkadots. :D

I dont know enough about gibsons/epiphones, but I imagine thats the place to start. :D I know dean makes v's.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll