d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat >
Poll > Can Some1 Help Me > Just Got This Setup
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,196.54
Dec 9 2010 04:49am
did some research and it didnt seem too bad.
wanted to start learning guitar since I can remember and finally decided yesterday its time.

How is this setup for? Please remember this is the first time i actually picked up a guitar but I think I got a decent set for now.

Amp:
Roland cube 15x

Electric guitar:
Epiphone
Les Paul Special model 2

Bought all this + a cheap stand and amp cord for $201.35 with my discount.

Had a friend come with me and he plays a bit and I didnt wanna go much over $200.
he tried a few other Epiphone that were a bit more in price and we both liked the sound of this cheaper 1x and went with it.

So im just lookin for more insight.

Learned smoke on the water in like 5min..but i guess its pretty easy..

~Thanks

This post was edited by Fallen619 on Dec 9 2010 04:50am
Gold: 4,807.80
Dec 9 2010 07:00am
Thats a nice setup for a beginner. No reason why that shouldn't be perfect for 6 months while you progress from n00b to intermediate level :)

However, I don't advise sticking with Epiphone. If you decide guitar is definately for you, GIBSON FTW

Also, if metal is your main thing, I definately suggest the Boss Metalcore-2 Pedal. It gave me an awesome distortion tone (check out davith666 on youtube - disciple by Slayer)

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Dec 9 2010 07:01am
Dec 9 2010 10:14am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Dec 9 2010 01:00pm)
Thats a nice setup for a beginner. No reason why that shouldn't be perfect for 6 months while you progress from n00b to intermediate level :)

However, I don't advise sticking with Epiphone. If you decide guitar is definately for you, GIBSON FTW

Also, if metal is your main thing, I definately suggest the Boss Metalcore-2 Pedal. It gave me an awesome distortion tone (check out davith666 on youtube - disciple by Slayer)

thanks for the advice.
i figured for 200 bucks it wasnt gonna be bad and sound better than some of the more expensive guitars.
my friend only plays metal so thats what im gonna be learning mostly.
Dec 9 2010 04:16pm
Also what are some good strings to go with just startin out. I know its prob mostly personal preference but is any1 able to me get on the right path?
im clueless bout this as well as my friend
Gold: 4,807.80
Dec 10 2010 03:16am
Ernie Ball 9 Guage super slinkys.

These strings are great - last a long time, and give you some awesome 2-tone bends!

These strings are also good for drop D tuning (alot of metal bands use drop D which is where you drop the E string 1 full tone lower, creating a powerchord sound with one finger)

You could go for a lower guage, but .9 guage's are great for rhythm and solo'ing in standard.

If you want strings for a lower tuning (D Standard down to Drop C#) then i'd ask some of the more death-metal-inclined players
Dec 10 2010 10:04am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Dec 10 2010 09:16am)
Ernie Ball 9 Guage super slinkys.

These strings are great - last a long time, and give you some awesome 2-tone bends!

These strings are also good for drop D tuning (alot of metal bands use drop D which is where you drop the E string 1 full tone lower, creating a powerchord sound with one finger)

You could go for a lower guage, but .9 guage's are great for rhythm and solo'ing in standard.

If you want strings for a lower tuning (D Standard down to Drop C#) then i'd ask some of the more death-metal-inclined players

ok cool. just wasnt sure at all and i got these strings at work for like $1 so imma try these out.
thanks again :)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll