d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Help > Restringing My Electric
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5.00
Dec 8 2010 08:30pm
i just bought a strat and i wanna change the stock strings but i have no idea what kind of bridge this is. ill post a pic of it below. it looks a lot more complicated than the pins on my acoustic. any tips on how to successfully string this would be great. i got some ernie skinny top heavy bottoms and regular slinky (guy at the shop said theyd be fun to play with) for strings. id also like some suggestions on strings cause this is my first electric so i have no preferences or knowledge of other strings yet. thanks for any help.
Gold: 1,825.50
Dec 8 2010 11:49pm
just remove the cover on the back on your strat, should have 6 screws. the strings just feed through there, pretty easy to figure out once u do it once. loosen the strings and cut em at the headstock( or save em if you break strings a lot). then just feed em through the block. and i use either elixir 10's or fender super bullets. but everyone has there own preference
Gold: 4,807.80
Dec 9 2010 07:46am
My personal fav for standard tuning is Ernie Ball Super Slinkys 0.9guage.

Did you manage to restring with the above info?
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2010 11:22am
It's called a floating bridge, and the backplate of your guitar should have 6 holes to feed strings through. It's probably simpler than restringing your acoustic. :P

also be wary, if you take all the strings off at once, you'll probably end up with serious intonation issues. Do it one string at a time. Floating bridges aren't anchored (as the name suggests)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll