d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Meinl Mcs Cymbal Pack
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Nov 30 2010 02:02am
Well I've been looking online for an upgrade for my Cymbals (yes, sadly the MCS line is an upgrade for me) as my current setup is shit. I'm on a budget and desperately need something with a half decent sound. I know the MCS line is the same material of ZBTs/B8s, however after listening and comparing them online, and reading reviews, the MCS line apparently blows their brother/sister cymbals out of the water.

I've spent the past 3 or 4 days looking at reviews, listening to them online, and ultimately decided to buy them. There was an authorized Canadian Dealer that gave free shipping (when I buy online I spend a good $60+ for shipping since I'm Canadian) and I couldn't say no to that. It comes with Hi Hats, Ride, Crash, Splash and China (all for $250 with shipping).

Hopefully be here sometime next week, maybe in 2 pending how long it takes to go through (first time buying something off eebay) .

Anyone have an experience with the MCS line? I've heard a lot of good things, and a few not so good things. Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase, as you can't really find ANY cymbal packs for this cheap (with this amount of Cymbals, hell not even the B8 packs are this cheap).
Gold: 44.25
Dec 1 2010 10:04pm
Wish I could help you out. I'm pretty much only knowledgeable with Sabian.
Gold: 13.37
Dec 1 2010 11:06pm
Yeah it's kind of shitty, looks like there's only 3 maybe 4 serious drummers that troll this section.
Gold: 60.01
Dec 1 2010 11:34pm
Quote (arnott15 @ 30 Nov 2010 11:02)

Anyone have an experience with the MCS line? I've heard a lot of good things, and a few not so good things. Overall I'm pretty happy with the purchase, as you can't really find ANY cymbal packs for this cheap (with this amount of Cymbals, hell not even the B8 packs are this cheap).

I've had some of the OLDER MCD-line symbals, they are pretty decent, for they are made of the "real b8 bronze."

If you can try to obtain some of them. They are as cheap as the new ones. You can recognize the older MCS from the stamps: Older says only "MCS" on top, while they new ones also have a Meinl logo on top.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll