d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Some Acoustic Guitar > Halp
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 67.00
Oct 4 2010 08:03pm
So basically I've been teaching myself guitar on a really cheap Dean vendetta (electric) guitar, and it's just an all around shitty guitar. I'm looking to buy an acoustic guitar now but I don't want another cheap entry level POS. I went to the local guitar shops to try some out, and it turns out that they only sell like three brands: Dean, Luna (which I guess is made by Dean?), and Micheal Kelly.

I tried out several different Deans and some Lunas and they felt kinda cheap and most of them came with electronics and I wasn't all that impressed, although those were the first acoustics I've ever played and I've got to say I really like the way they sound (in general). >.> So I was just wondering if you could suggest an acoustic guitar in or around $350-$500.

Also I've been reading a lot about Epiphone Masterbilts and I'm kinda leaning towards buying one, but I can't exactly go and try one out. So if you have experience with one, let me know what you think!

Oh and uh the kinda music I play is kinda limited by my skill level haha, but I like Pearl Jam songs and Nirvana. Like I said though I'm only a novice at guitar and I want to try new things.

If you read all of that,thank you! I appreciate the help :wub:

This post was edited by Grillz9909 on Oct 4 2010 08:04pm
Gold: 1,900.00
Oct 4 2010 08:20pm
I've never been much for acoustics, a lot of people like Ovation acoustics, though I didn't personally like the sound of it when I went shopping and I ended up buying a Norman which is built in Quebec and it's a decent guitar, had a built in pickup so I could plug it in and all, but I doubt they sell those there. All I can say is buy what makes a sound you like, don't go by other peoples opinions (moral of the story about ovation). Local is always better because you can try them out!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll