d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Got A New Setup (kind Of) Although Worst Amp Ever
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 2 2010 03:27pm
I traded some of my drum gear away for a guitar setup, ended up with a Hamer Quilt Top Sunburst DC guitar, and a Peavey Vyper 30 and $150..... thought what the hell I don't really play drums and since those assholes stole all my gear I needed some guitar stuff. The hamer is suprisingly nice, its on par with the higher end PRS SE models which is actually very nice sounding, and feels like good quality as well. Now on the other hand I don't think I have played on a worse amp than the Peavey Vyper 30... the worst compressed digital sounding tone as well as can't get for the life of me an even moderately sounding natural clean tone, its just awful. I actually pulled my bullshit 1x8" no name combo and it sounds better with a EH Metal muff in front of it lol

here are some picks of the Hamer...

Oct 2 2010 04:00pm
Hamer are beautiful guitars. Jol does great work, and his workshop blog is typically interesting.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 2 2010 04:06pm
Quote (Fallout @ Oct 2 2010 04:27pm)
I traded some of my drum gear away for a guitar setup, ended up with a  Hamer Quilt Top Sunburst DC guitar, and a Peavey Vyper 30 and $150..... thought what the hell I don't really play drums and since those assholes stole all my gear I needed some guitar stuff.  The hamer is suprisingly nice, its on par with the higher end PRS SE models which is actually very nice sounding, and feels like good quality as well.  Now on the other hand I don't think I have played on a worse amp than the Peavey Vyper 30... the worst compressed digital sounding tone as well as can't get for the life of me an even moderately sounding natural clean tone, its just awful.  I actually pulled my bullshit 1x8" no name combo and it sounds better with a EH Metal muff in front of it lol

here are some picks of the Hamer...

http://i52.tinypic.com/2uoqln8.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/105cu9x.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2cnil52.jpg

It looks great! I didn't know what you were talking about, but I realized you must have changed your name.
Oct 2 2010 04:22pm
Quote (Superlative @ Oct 2 2010 03:00pm)
Hamer are beautiful guitars.  Jol does great work, and his workshop blog is typically interesting.

The fit and finish of the guitar are georgous.... but the pickups seem a bit underpowered for my taste, some seymour duncans would probably make it a great guitar...... oh and I just got a freaking awesome deal on craigslist, a Fender standard strat w/ mirror pickgaurd + hardshell case + crate 1x12 practice amp (3rd practice amp I got in trades, figured I would take it even though I dont need it lol) for $150 bucks, which is a freaking steal for a Fender standard
Oct 2 2010 04:36pm
Quote (Fallout @ Oct 2 2010 06:22pm)
The fit and finish of the guitar are georgous.... but the pickups seem a bit underpowered for my taste, some seymour duncans would probably make it a great guitar...... oh and I just got a freaking awesome deal on craigslist, a Fender standard strat w/ mirror pickgaurd + hardshell case + crate 1x12 practice amp (3rd practice amp I got in trades, figured I would take it even though I dont need it lol) for $150 bucks, which is a freaking steal for a Fender standard

Yea that'd be a good price for the guitar alone, nice find.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 4 2010 04:29pm
Quote (Fallout @ Oct 2 2010 06:22pm)

You must post pics when you get it!
Oct 4 2010 05:24pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Oct 4 2010 03:29pm)
You must post pics when you get it!

i did, its in the show your instruments subforum
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll