d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Help > Electric Guitar :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 28 2010 05:24pm
If someone would please explain how to play some chords for a hard core noob? I can play a few 3 string songs like The National Anthem and Whiskey Lullaby, but thats it, I'm looking to getting into playing REAL songs soon and JSP is the only place I havent tried yet, any1 got some legit help I'd be happy to hear it :)
Gold: 1.00
Sep 29 2010 12:32am
How to play chords? It's not that hard to find out since there are guids all over the Internet if you Google it.

Just search for the chord you want to learn on the pictures section, and you'll probably get a picture on that particular chord.
Personally, I would say that the best chords to learn in the beginning is D, A and Em.

Here is a picture on a D:
[IMG]http://www.pengustudios.com/Images/Chord%20Shapes/D-Chord-Shape.gif[/IMG]

With those chords, you can play simple versions of popular songs, like Knocking on the Heavens door with Guns 'N Roses, and probably some punk songs too.

But as I said, there is guides all over the net, and Ultimate-Guitar.com has alot of good versions of songs.
Sep 29 2010 10:41am
for right now just stick with the classic chord combo, G C D

just learn those 3 chords and play them however you want to together
Gold: 4,807.80
Sep 30 2010 06:00am
If you want the best song to learn at your level, you need The Animals - House Of The Rising Sun.

That song incorporates 6 chords you will use in all playing, and is fantastic for changing and creating your own songs with.

www.ultimate-guitar.com should become your new bible :)
Gold: 1.00
Sep 30 2010 08:44pm
Quote (Toilette @ Sep 29 2010 01:32am)
How to play chords? It's not that hard to find out since there are guids all over the Internet if you Google it.

Just search for the chord you want to learn on the pictures section, and you'll probably get a picture on that particular chord.
Personally, I would say that the best chords to learn in the beginning is D, A and Em.

Here is a picture on a D:
http://www.pengustudios.com/Images/Chord%20Shapes/D-Chord-Shape.gif

With those chords, you can play simple versions of popular songs, like Knocking on the Heavens door with Guns 'N Roses, and probably some punk songs too.

But as I said, there is guides all over the net, and Ultimate-Guitar.com has alot of good versions of songs.

don't b sad ):
Sep 30 2010 09:01pm
Quote (I3I2I1IKABOOM @ Sep 28 2010 11:24pm)
If someone would please explain how to play some chords for a hard core noob? I can play a few 3 string songs like The National Anthem and Whiskey Lullaby, but thats it, I'm looking to getting into playing REAL songs soon and JSP is the only place I havent tried yet, any1 got some legit help I'd be happy to hear it :)

If other sites havent helped you and jsp is your last hope... I'd seriously advise putting the guitar down for good and pretending you never ever EVER had one in the first place.
Oct 1 2010 07:07am
Quote (withinDestruction @ Sep 30 2010 11:01pm)
If other sites havent helped you and jsp is your last hope... I'd seriously advise putting the guitar down for good and pretending you never ever EVER had one in the first place.

lol? wf

did you just discourage someone to play the guitar?

thats bad dude

this guy is dumb i dont think he understand that when you mean no one has helped you, you mean no one has posted on your topics
Gold: 1,532.01
Nov 15 2010 11:31am
Quote (weasleface @ Oct 1 2010 02:07pm)
lol? wf

did you just discourage someone to play the guitar?

thats bad dude

this guy is dumb i dont think he understand that when you mean no one has helped you, you mean no one has posted on your topics

I agree. Hate when people put blatantly unhelpful comments like that.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll