d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Fretkillr > Hope U Guys Are Familiar With This Name
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 100.00
Sep 28 2010 01:04pm
Fretkillr is a man who posted ~150 videos on youtube of him singing and playing guitar (and sometimes harmonics or banjo). All of his covers were better than the original song. He's an awesome talent, there are forums and blogs about him andhe has a full fan club. Although he never relevealed who is is apparently.
Today I was at my guitar teacher we were playing Norwegian Wood (Fretkillr's versoin) and my teacher said 'oh my God look at his right hand this picking is very familiar to me'
So he took a minute to think and yea he recognized who he is... and I can tell you that this guy is a fucking famous musician.
I hope you all know what I am talking about and heard at least one Fretkillr song. If not so here's what Im playing right at this moment :D

So I know his identity and I hold a secret what people would kill for. ^^

This post was edited by Zewa on Sep 28 2010 01:05pm
Gold: 25.00
Sep 28 2010 01:12pm
Quote (Zewa @ Sep 28 2010 12:04pm)
Fretkillr is a man who posted ~150 videos on youtube of him singing and playing guitar (and sometimes harmonics or banjo). All of his covers were better than the original song. He's an awesome talent, there are forums and blogs about him andhe has a full fan club. Although he never relevealed who is is apparently.
Today I was at my guitar teacher we were playing Norwegian Wood (Fretkillr's versoin) and my teacher said 'oh my God look at his right hand this picking is very familiar to me'
So he took a minute to think and yea he recognized who he is... and I can tell you that this guy is a fucking famous musician.
I hope you all know what I am talking about and heard at least one Fretkillr song. If not so here's what Im playing right at this moment :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_aQR5xaC4

Not really I have never heard of this guy in my entire life lol, not even in passing.
Gold: 100.00
Sep 28 2010 01:17pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 28 2010 09:12pm)
Not really I have never heard of this guy in my entire life lol, not even in passing.

Google 'fretkillr'. youll find forums/blogs..
Watch some vids at YT... hes amazing.
My favs are Good Riddance, Country roads, Dannys song, Dont think twice its alright, City of New Orleans :)
Gold: 4,807.80
Sep 30 2010 10:14am
Never heard of him - mildly impressed by his song writitng skill but not totally blown away.

He reminds me of Chandlers dad in Scrubs, the dude who sings "Hey good looking... whatcha got cookin?" xD
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 30%
Sep 30 2010 11:01am
Quote (Zewa @ Sep 28 2010 03:04pm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy_aQR5xaC4

i'm sure noone would kill for it...and it's not like everyone is exactly 100% unique in how they play, chances are it's not whoever you think it is.
but yea he's pretty good at it i guess, but i wouldnt say better than the originals.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 30 2010 04:33pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Sep 30 2010 12:14pm)
Never heard of him - mildly impressed by his song writitng skill but not totally blown away.

This.

I bet you're him and just wanting to get known.. At least assume it.

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll