d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Musicians Chat
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4.01
Sep 10 2010 02:06pm
Musicians Chat

Seeing as there are many people who seem to think that 'Musicians chat' is not a place for musicians to chat, I thought I would make an attempt at a thread for us musicians to generally chat in. Whether it be about the new Blind Guardian album, to tell us Mike Portnoy just died of aids, or even to tell us your wife just passed away from cancer.

This is what you make it. If you are a musician, and you want to chat with musicians; then here's the place. I honestly don't care if there are separate threads for particular bits and bobs, but I thought it would be handy to have somewhere in which musicians can chat right where you expect it to be. There aren't too many regulars here so 1 thread rather than 1 whole separate section should cover it.

Lets start off the general banter with me asking if you think this should be here, or if we should just ignore it. Or you can start it off by calling me a complete retard for creating this where we should be strictly be talking about the strings on your banjo :)
Gold: 25.00
Sep 10 2010 02:10pm
Quote (dysgenics @ Sep 10 2010 01:06pm)
Musicians Chat

Seeing as there are many people who seem to think that 'Musicians chat' is not a place for musicians to chat, I thought I would make an attempt at a thread for us musicians to generally chat in. Whether it be about the new Blind Guardian album, to tell us Mike Portnoy just died of aids, or even to tell us your wife just passed away from cancer.
This is what you make it. If you are a musician, and you want to chat with musicians; then here's the place. I honestly don't care if there are separate threads for particular bits and bobs, but I thought it would be handy to have somewhere in which musicians can chat right where you expect it to be. There aren't too many regulars here so 1 thread rather than 1 whole separate section should cover it.

Lets start off the general banter with me asking if you think this should be here, or if we should just ignore it. Or you can start it off by calling me a complete retard for creating this where we should be strictly be talking about the strings on your banjo :)

all of that stuff either belongs in favorite songs and band chatter, general chat, user blogs
Sep 10 2010 02:14pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 10 2010 08:10pm)
all of that stuff either belongs in favorite songs and band chatter, general chat, user blogs

But the whole point is, I don't really want to go to any other forums and neither do alot of other people. Plus I only really want to chat to musicians and people I'm already acquainted with - capiche?

I'm not alone in these thoughts as far as I know.

Band chatter is for fags seeing as you are just mingling with many people who don't like anything the same as you.
General chat is for people who just want a trusted tag and really care about grammar and forum rules
User blogs is about user blogs, and is not a place for musicians to chat
Sep 10 2010 02:17pm
Quote (dysgenics @ Sep 10 2010 01:14pm)
But the whole point is, I don't really want to go to any other forums and neither do alot of other people. Plus I only really want to chat to musicians and people I'm already acquainted with - capiche?

I'm not alone in these thoughts as far as I know.

Band chatter is for fags seeing as you are just mingling with many people who don't like anything the same as you.
General chat is for people who just want a trusted tag and really care about grammar and forum rules
User blogs is about user blogs, and is not a place for musicians to chat

You are thinking of General Help, general chat is the main forum for actually chatting about anything.
Sep 10 2010 02:19pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 10 2010 08:17pm)
You are thinking of General Help, general chat is the main forum for actually chatting about anything.

As I said, this is just an attempt at this.

Plus, what do you think us musicians will generally talk about? Marmalade and socks?

The fact is this is for people who want to post here but don't want to get bombarded with a bunch of fags telling them its in the wrong section :)
Sep 10 2010 02:21pm
Quote (dysgenics @ Sep 10 2010 01:19pm)
As I said, this is just an attempt at this.

Plus, what do you think us musicians will generally talk about? Marmalade and socks?

The fact is this is for people who want to post here but don't want to get bombarded with a bunch of fags telling them its in the wrong section :)

Wrong section
:)
http://forums.d2jsp.org/forum.php?f=258
Sep 10 2010 02:23pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 10 2010 08:21pm)

Ahhh there is a comedian in the forum, no room for you here! :baby:

Mate, theres not enough demand for a whole new section! This will be more than enough for that, plus it will give musicians who click on musician's chat, expecting to just talk with musicians, exactly what they want!
Sep 10 2010 02:24pm
Quote (dysgenics @ Sep 10 2010 01:23pm)
Ahhh there is a comedian in the forum, no room for you here! :baby:

Mate, theres not enough demand for a whole new section! This will be more than enough for that, plus it will give musicians who click on musician's chat, expecting to just talk with musicians, exactly what they want!

Why not just talk to the moderator who controls this forum and ask for a seperate thread to stickied then instead of trying to create your own.
Sep 10 2010 02:25pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Sep 10 2010 08:24pm)
Why not just talk to the moderator who controls this forum and ask for a seperate thread to stickied then instead of trying to create your own.

Why do you care? :P Same thing either way is it not?

Edit: no one reads stickies.... it would not grab the attention

plus... we are musicians, and we are chatting, so as far as I'm concerned - this is working perfectly :rofl:

This post was edited by dysgenics on Sep 10 2010 02:27pm
Gold: 12.00
Sep 10 2010 02:37pm
Hey I play music, what are we talking about?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll