d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Gibson Sonex Deluxe
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Sep 9 2010 10:20am
I am REALLY thinking about buying one of these next week. I just started talking to a guy from craigslist I bought some of my drum stuff from and he has one for sale @ $400. Its one of the early 80's resonwood gibsons, its kind of cool. (although I may be able to talk him down to like 300-325)

Anyone here have REAL experience with these guitars more than just sitting down and playing them once. I have went over and played it a few times and I quite like it, but I was wanting to hear more opinions.

This post was edited by MyExitEmergency on Sep 9 2010 10:23am
Gold: 4,807.80
Sep 10 2010 02:27am
The only experience of this guitar i've had was when i saw John Otway. He uses either his cherry red one, or his PRS version (god knows why lol)

I don't imagine that it's a disappointing guitar. From the specs i've seen, looks like your standard well made Gibson.

I'm not gonna pretend I am pro with this model, i've not owned one before, but It can't hurt to add a Gibson to your collection :D
Gold: 25.00
Sep 10 2010 10:02am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Sep 10 2010 01:27am)
The only experience of this guitar i've had was when i saw John Otway. He uses either his cherry red one, or his PRS version (god knows why lol)

I don't imagine that it's a disappointing guitar. From the specs i've seen, looks like your standard well made Gibson.

I'm not gonna pretend I am pro with this model, i've not owned one before, but It can't hurt to add a Gibson to your collection :D

Yeah it would be my number 3. I also have thought about trying to find a real nice japanese Fender fat strat and just totally hot rodding it... but not sure.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll