d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Acoustic Guitar
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: Locked
Sep 4 2010 12:17am
where can I find all the infomation about acoustic guitars such as

*String names
*What is Riff
*What is chord
*What is scales
*etc

I know some of these but I want to learn top to bottom what they mean, because i keep hearing "Guitar Scales" and i dont have a clue what that means. I tried googling
Gold: 12.00
Sep 4 2010 07:44am
If you want definitions of these things, wikipedia.

Here's a couple resources though for these things:

http://chordfind.com/
http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php?qqq=3&scch=C&scchnam=Ionian&get2=Get&t=0&choice=1
Gold: 4.00
Sep 4 2010 06:00pm
*String names
*What is Riff
*What is chord
*What is scales
*etc

Your standard guitar, in standard tuning, the strings (from thickest to thinnest) go E A D G B E
A riff is a usually quick piece of playing, usually the cool repetative part of the song people recognize it by( like aerosmith's walk this way has a catchy riff for example)
a chord is when you hold multiple notes and strum multiple strings to produce a sound combining those notes :3
scales, well theres way too much about them to explain
if you're just starting look up tabs, and start learning songs, listening to em, and playing to them.
tabs are pretty easy to understand and read, and erm, make sure you play with your pinky :o it's a good habit to get into
e: I'm entirely self taught so somebody correct me if they think it's wrong, semi confident on this though

This post was edited by ringo794 on Sep 4 2010 06:08pm
Banned
Gold: Locked
Sep 5 2010 04:33am
Quote (ringo794 @ Sep 4 2010 05:00pm)
*String names
*What is Riff
*What is chord
*What is scales
*etc

Your standard guitar, in standard tuning, the strings (from thickest to thinnest) go E A D G B E
A riff is a usually quick piece of playing, usually the cool repetative part of the song people recognize it by( like aerosmith's walk this way has a catchy riff for example)
a chord is when you hold multiple notes and strum multiple strings to produce a sound combining those notes :3
scales, well theres way too much about them to explain
if you're just starting look up tabs, and start learning songs, listening to em, and playing to them.
tabs are pretty easy to understand and read, and erm, make sure you play with your pinky :o it's a good habit to get into
e: I'm entirely self taught so somebody correct me if they think it's wrong, semi confident on this though

well mostly i wanna know what guitar scales are :P
cant seem to find it on google
Gold: 12.00
Sep 5 2010 01:23pm
Quote (Pehh @ Sep 5 2010 05:33am)
well mostly i wanna know what guitar scales are :P
cant seem to find it on google

Same as any scale in music. A scale consists of an a series of notes ascending (or descending) separated by predetermined intervals. Scales can be of virtually any length although common ones tend to use 5 notes (pentatonic scales,) 7 notes (diatonic minor and modal scales,) and 12 notes (chromatic scales.) Although in other cultures scale intervals can be smaller or larger there by making scales longer or shorter. But who gives a shit...

Just go learn some scales and play em. Once you play a few you'll get an idea of what a scale is. This is the easiest way to think of a scale.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll