d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Suggestion On Amps > What U Think?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 267.11
Sep 3 2010 02:47am
Im currently running a Randy Rhodes style Jackson through a Line 6 SPider II 30 watt amp. Im giving serious consideration to upgrading to a larger amp and im not sure if i wanna go with a Mesa Boogie or a nice Marshall. I generally play extreme shit but also sometimes slow it down with just some melodic crap. I record shitty lo-fi early 90's style black metal quite often so the amp doesnt matter on that, but im looking for a big sound otherwise. Anyone using a JAckson through either of the above mentioned? How would you rate your experience with them?
Gold: 13,891.00
Sep 3 2010 03:08am
well I have a 75 watt Randall and to be honest I have never used its full power or close to it. Something you should know: VOX is made at the marshall factory by the exact same people and is mostly the exact same amplifier for the cheaper price. Try playing on a quality model VOX and see what you think before you drop an inflated price on a marshall. The retailer at the store told me that one day. Mesa Boogies are great amps that are almost fully hand made its like the ferarri of amps lol. I would only buy one of these if you have the talent to back it up. I would also only buy one if you plan on doing some recording or giging.

Hope this helps a little- its a tough decision
Gold: 60.01
Sep 3 2010 07:03am
I would go for Engl, Mesa or Diezel head /w matching cabinet.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll