d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Autotune Our Singing. > Lmk
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.40
Aug 30 2010 04:18am
Hey we're putting together a parody album of today's music and we need to be able to Autotune our voices. I've already downloaded (har har new-age-starving-musician) Mixcraft 4 but how do I get my Auotune effect to show up when I arm my mic? All the youtube videos I've seen on the subject leave me hanging on the what ifs.
Gold: 4.01
Aug 30 2010 05:28am
you need to use a VST (use this) or DirectX (not this) or RTAS (pro-tools only) plugin. Or alternatively you can use a vocoder rack unit to get a similar sound.

If you already have an autotune plugin such as Antares, Melodyne or V-vocals you just need to add it as an insert to the track of choice. In sonar (the sequencing software I use) it would be under fx -> audio fx -> vst plugins. But on cubase and many others I have tried it will be under "inserts".

This post was edited by dysgenics on Aug 30 2010 05:29am
Gold: 60.01
Aug 30 2010 08:35am
Quote (dysgenics @ 30 Aug 2010 14:28)
you need to use a VST (use this) or DirectX (not this) or RTAS (pro-tools only) plugin. Or alternatively you can use a vocoder rack unit to get a similar sound.

If you already have an autotune plugin such as Antares, Melodyne or V-vocals you just need to add it as an insert to the track of choice. In sonar (the sequencing software I use) it would be under fx -> audio fx -> vst plugins. But on cubase and many others I have tried it will be under "inserts".

Insert or "Use as -> fx" or simply "Add fx".

Reaper uses the "Add fx" form.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll