d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Iso Opinions On A Delay Pedal
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Jun 9 2010 03:05pm
Right off the bat anyone that responds has better own or have extensively played one of these pedals, I don't want to know what you have heard or read, I could just as easily read a review as you.

Now the pedals!!

I am interested in getting a delay from these three companies

electro-harmonix memory man
line 6 dl4 delay
mxr carbon copy delay

I am already partial to the mxr, but I HAVE played all three. Really I would like someone who has owned or does own one of these pedals tell me how they
hold up overtime
Gold: 221.20
Jun 9 2010 03:11pm
What are you using it for?
Gold: 0.00
Jun 9 2010 04:16pm
Should definitely look into the Malekko Ekko 616 if you like the Carbon Copy. Same price, similar pedal, but more controls, and overall a better pedal.

http://malekkoekko616.com/
Gold: 25.00
Jun 9 2010 05:04pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jun 9 2010 02:11pm)
What are you using it for?

just messing around, but i dont like cheapo pedals and these three seem to be the most popular
Gold: 12.00
Jun 11 2010 07:25am
The EH is my fav. It's one of 4 pedals I own. It's the best sounding analog delay in a pedal that I've found. I like the little extra features that most analog delays leave out like the control of the modulation on the delay and the ability to overdrive the input circut. Also side by side, I find the EH the 'thickest' sounding. It's not as super 'chimey' but thats what digital delays are for. The downside is it's noisy.

The DL4 has loads of variety and features and it's real easy to use. The expression input allows for more freedom for live use. The loop function is real fun and simple. Super great pedal for fun and live but the big trade off is tone. Although there's an analog setting, side by side the Memory man sounds so much fatter and warm.

I think that's the trade off you should consider. The quality of sound of the analogs vs. the options of the digitals.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll