d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > A Pretty Kickass Analog Distortion Pedal
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Apr 26 2010 12:22pm
Just in case anyone happens to be in the market for a pretty kickass analog pedal with true bypass check out the Electro-Harmoix Metal Muff. Seriously I don't even really play metal anymore but still use this pedal, the distortion is out of this world, right now I am using that in front of my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and it just sounds amazing

I felt like posting this because I went over and was jamming with some guys yesterday one of them had a Mesa Triple Rectifier w/ matching cab, and I had my fender hot rod deluxe out of my silverface cab w/ celestion vintage 30's and was running this pedal through it, and I am tone snob for the most part and was blown away that my $800 dollar fender amp actually came off matching that mesa in tone, as well as having much more character on clean than the mesa, now I am running through a kickass cab, and just retubed and biased my amp not too long ago, so they are in that phase where they are just bliss to play on, but still..... it is making me rethink changing my setup. Besides maybe getting an orange cab instead of my fender cab, I don't think I am going to change it up now.
Gold: 1,551.68
Apr 28 2010 01:17pm
Mesa clean tone isnt so great

especially a trip rectify
Gold: 25.00
Apr 28 2010 02:03pm
Quote (Honestly @ Apr 28 2010 12:17pm)
Mesa clean tone isnt so great

especially a trip rectify

What the point of that was, was that the pedal was actually kickass enough put in front of my fender clean to match the mesa's overdrive tone, as well as getting to keep the fender clean
Gold: 1,299.00
May 7 2010 08:21pm
One of the best is the Ibanez TS9 depends what you want to do...
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll