d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Little Help If Possible
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 630.01
Apr 3 2010 06:31pm
Im trying to play an acoustic version of Violet Hill by Coldplay, and im using this tab: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/c/coldplay/violet_hill_ver2_crd.htm (doing the complex version with Bsus2)

But I can't seem to figure out the strumming pattern :(

if anyone could help me i'd really appreciate it... I've only been playing guitar here and there for like a year and a half, i suck pretty bad so that's why I can't really get the pattern
Apr 4 2010 10:15am
bump, i can pay some fg is necessary :unsure:
Gold: 0.00
Apr 4 2010 10:25am
The only advice I can give is to listen to the song over and over again. That's the only way you'll figure it out, unless you can find some site where they give it.
Apr 4 2010 10:54am
Quote (Darkshade @ Apr 4 2010 11:25am)
The only advice I can give is to listen to the song over and over again. That's the only way you'll figure it out, unless you can find some site where they give it.

hey thanks for the reply, yeah i've been listening to it over and over, and i feel like im close but it just doesn't sound right :(

and it doesn't help that it's actually a piano in the song, so its a little harder for me to distinguish
Gold: 6.66
Apr 4 2010 06:27pm
Quote (BB_MelloYello @ 4 Apr 2010 12:54)
hey thanks for the reply, yeah i've been listening to it over and over, and i feel like im close but it just doesn't sound right :(

and it doesn't help that it's actually a piano in the song, so its a little harder for me to distinguish

got audition!? take out all the tracks except guitar, and listen to it.

or, just listen to it over and over again.

SENS FIGHTING!
Gold: 0.00
Apr 4 2010 08:24pm
Quote (BB_MelloYello @ Apr 4 2010 12:54pm)

Oh well if it's played on piano on the original, my guess is that he just plays all the notes at the same time instead of doing a certain pattern.
I'm not sure if you catch what I mean, but all in all, you can basically use the strumming pattern you want because I doubt the piano plays the chords while hitting each note simultaneously.

Or another option is to look for what you think is the best cover on youtube and just watch/learn.

Hope this helped.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll