d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Great Tool To Learn Piano
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Mar 2 2010 05:59am

Basically you connect your electric keyboard to your pc/laptop and play as the notes come down. Not posting the link to the site, but it's free to download you can find it on google or just pm me, and you can put almost any song there is as long as there is a MIDI version of it available.

inb4 piano hero.

Sry if it has been posted before :)

This post was edited by hotdogski on Mar 2 2010 05:59am
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 20%
Mar 2 2010 08:28am
Quote (hotdogski @ 2 Mar 2010 06:59)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ3RrAOkIf0

Basically you connect your electric keyboard to your pc/laptop and play as the notes come down. Not posting the link to the site, but it's free to download you can find it on google or just pm me, and you can put almost any song there is as long as there is a MIDI version of it available.

inb4 piano hero.

Sry if it has been posted before :)

NOT a good way to learn piano.
If you really want to learn how to play piano, you need to learn what finger techniques are comfortable for your finger size and interpret the music yourself. This method only encourages "hunt-and-pecking" and involves no interpretation.
Mar 3 2010 03:37am
Quote (PriceCheck @ Mar 2 2010 08:28am)
NOT a good way to learn piano.
If you really want to learn how to play piano, you need to learn what finger techniques are comfortable for your finger size and interpret the music yourself. This method only encourages "hunt-and-pecking" and involves no interpretation.

I do think its a great way to start off learning songs and gaining some dexterity on your fingers and get used to the key board, doesn't take a genius to figure out what would be easier on your fingers to interpret a song in particular. Interpretation and "feeling" comes naturally eventually.
Mar 3 2010 04:05am
I played piano all my life and I used this tool not too long ago just for fun.
I think it's a great way for total noobs to get familiar with keyboards/piano's.
Good posting!
Mar 5 2010 07:08am
I learnt this piece a few years ago. If you want to learn, you should probably start with something a lot easier.
Warn: 10%
Mar 7 2010 05:11am
Might seem useful at first, because it starts off much easier then conventional methods, but eventually it just won't cut it.

A better tip would be not to start with Chopin..
Mar 7 2010 09:38pm
Quote (Skulvar @ Mar 7 2010 05:11am)
Might seem useful at first, because it starts off much easier then conventional methods, but eventually it just won't cut it.

A better tip would be not to start with Chopin..

well of course not lol, just picked this song because i like it :)

Yeah I know it wont, just saying it's a great way to start off, even if you are intermediate and don't know how to read music you can learn songs this way too, then you can interpret them as you progress.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll