d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Stage Fear; Playing Piano
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,000.00
Mar 1 2010 11:18pm
Hello guys,

I don't know if this forum is active in "musicians chat" but i give it a try, let me introduce shortly about myself and the music
I have been playing piano since i was 6 years old, i'll be 17 years old this year and im into my 11th year with the music yay! :cheers:

This is my first year in upper secondary school and they have arranged a competition like "Britain got talent" beetween two schools.

I have been in the addition to try for fun (it went okay, since we only played for the jury each of us.
It was only suppose to be for fun.

So yesterday, they'd sent me a letter that i was qualified to the final, awesome! So I've decided to go for 100% into this competition cause the reward is 10 000 SEK (swedish money) and it's quite alot for just a school competition, in my opinion!

But the thing is that I have 10 years experience of playing on scene/stage(?), but I have a way bigger weakness that alot of my friends going to watch which gives me a hard strain..

I don't know if i'm thinking too negative, or something..

I always play like hundred times during the day before my performance, is it a problem? cause should i just relax the hours before the performance and dont train at all? and maybe just warm up my fingers few minutes?

Or, should I go for one 3,5% beer before the performance to pitch up my confidence :D ?

Thank you for your opinions!

I haven't decide yet which song I going to play but it'll be one of these songs

Chopin - Nocturne in E flat Major (Op. 9 No 2)
I like this piece sooo much, so delightful, the perfect piece to charm all the ladies heheheheheheheheh :D but i have to go for note papers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZUw78FXpG4&feature=related

Mendelsohn - Lieder Ohne Worte (Op. 53 No 3)
I can play this piece without notes, but it's like 3-5% left from 100%, dont feel super comfortable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3wnMjx2Jw

e: Would you recommend that I go for a fast piece since it's more technic and maybe it will draw the audience and the jury, or should i go for Chopin's piece where i can play with emotion/passion.

I have like 1 month to prepare, the final will be the first day of April.

Wish me goodluck! :D :cheers:

This post was edited by thestrayboys on Mar 1 2010 11:22pm
Gold: 0.00
Mar 1 2010 11:42pm
i think passion > all

if people hear the passion in your music and can see it in your eyes they will love you (as long as they like the music)

but just play the peice you like to play the most and dont hold back

but i think making your own song like that would be the best

your own songs conceal your passion in YOU and not the other person who wrote it

This post was edited by weasleface on Mar 1 2010 11:43pm
Mar 1 2010 11:56pm
Quote (weasleface @ 2 Mar 2010 06:42)
i think passion > all

if people hear the passion in your music and can see it in your eyes they will love you (as long as they like the music)

but just play the peice you like to play the most and dont hold back

but i think making your own song like that would be the best

your own songs conceal your passion in YOU and not the other person who wrote it

thank you weasleface, for your opinion! :)

yeah i have a piece that i have made by myself, influence from this piece

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKwtXgFo24

But I'm just half way and stuck.. so i don't know if i have time to be finish.

But thank you once again!

e: yeah i can agree you that you can make your own passion/emotions of your own piece, but with some fantasy on the play - you can make it with your own feelings which will make the piece so wonderful without limits. right me if im wrong ;)

would be glad if we anyway could stick to the subject, which will be the stage fear

This post was edited by thestrayboys on Mar 2 2010 12:02am
Mar 2 2010 03:05pm
:-L
Gold: 116,981.95
Mar 2 2010 10:26pm
stop being a puss, play infront of people if your good show off yo skills G.

DO NOT drink alcohol before a show, practice is good i would suggest doing alot of that.
Banned
Warn: 40%
Mar 3 2010 12:12am
Quote (staysictonkpils @ Mar 2 2010 11:26pm)

DO NOT drink alcohol before a show, practice is good i would suggest doing alot of that.

You mean he shouldn't get fucked up on Jager before performing a classical piece on piano? :O
Gold: 1.00
Mar 3 2010 12:31am
i say stop bein a puss and drink all you want before the show : D
Mar 3 2010 07:47am
Quote (staysictonkpils @ 3 Mar 2010 05:26)

im not afraid of playing for peoples, i have just a bigger fear for playing for friends in the auddience, knowing that they're there just to see me play.
Mar 3 2010 11:07am
Quote (thestrayboys @ Mar 3 2010 09:47am)
im not afraid of playing for peoples, i have just a bigger fear for playing for friends in the auddience, knowing that they're there just to see me play.

i dont think anyone here can really help you with that sorta thing

thats just a thing you have to get over yourself, just face it and it may still be there but next time you do it. it might not be there anymore

you just gotta do it
Gold: 33,720.00
Mar 3 2010 12:16pm
Quote (thestrayboys @ 3 Mar 2010 08:47)

Dude, they come to see YOU play, impress them that's it!

Personally i'd go for the Chopin piece, or try to learn Fantaisie Impromptue Op. 66 from Chopin :D, you'd impress everybody for sure hahaha :D!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll