d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Another Song Of Mine
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Feb 11 2010 07:25am

Lyrics are on youtube itself

tell me what you think
Feb 12 2010 08:03am
no comments?
Feb 13 2010 10:41pm
Bump
Feb 14 2010 08:21am
sounds damn nice but the acapella is bad quality record, try to fix this and let the acapella sound professional :)
btw you play damn nice guitar
Banned
Warn: 40%
Feb 14 2010 10:11am
Quote (weasleface @ Feb 11 2010 08:25am)
Borkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5n4uVZa_x0

Lyrics are on youtube itself

tell me what you think

...Please, find someone else to sing for you.
Feb 14 2010 01:03pm
Quote (BassD @ Feb 14 2010 10:21am)
sounds damn nice but the acapella is bad quality record, try to fix this and let the acapella sound professional :)

Ya i wonder if upping the smaple rate would make it better
ill check on it

and thanks alot man!

/e: oh ya and youtube will make things lower quality when uploaded
that could be why
but i uped my sample rate so next time i record maybe taht will help

Quote (ClanBK @ Feb 14 2010 12:11pm)
...Please, find someone else to sing for you.

ya some people have said that
and some people have said they really liked my voice
i guess its just opinion
as is everything with music
but until i find a singer, i will keep singing and getting better at it

This post was edited by weasleface on Feb 14 2010 01:14pm
Gold: 1.00
Feb 14 2010 02:33pm
Quote (BassD @ Feb 14 2010 09:21am)

What r u talking about? There is no "a capella" in this, as it has instruments. You mean the vocals. And that is true, the vocal are recorded with bad quality.

The people who are criticizing the vocals know nothing about singing. They are used to hearing professional quality recordings with polished vocals. The thing is, you need to work on your technique. Sometimes you fall short of notes, which just means you need to practice more until you've mastered singing. Some people hear these mistakes and think, "Oh, he has a bad voice", without putting any thought into it. But it is much more complicated than that.

EDIT: Also, you need to listen to your recording and be able to scrutinize every part of the vocals. Some parts sound great, some parts are obviously a little off. It is inherently difficult to critique one's own recorded voice. The voice we hear coming out of our mouth, and what is heard when it is recorded is very different. You need to be able to get used to your recorded voice and find the parts where you didn't quite hit the note you were trying to, and try to record until you have perfected the vocals on the recording. Unfortunately, when posting these online, you are hearing the opinions of people who are used to hearing professionals vocals. They are not judging your voice on it's potential, but on it's quality in relation to professional recordings. Vocalists who hear this, like myself, will hear these with the knowledge that, simply because it is not as polished as a studio recording, it doesn't mean it's bad.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Feb 14 2010 02:39pm
Feb 14 2010 02:59pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 14 2010 04:33pm)
What r u talking about? There is no "a capella" in this, as it has instruments. You mean the vocals. And that is true, the vocal are recorded with bad quality.

The people who are criticizing the vocals know nothing about singing. They are used to hearing professional quality recordings with polished vocals. The thing is, you need to work on your technique. Sometimes you fall short of notes, which just means you need to practice more until you've mastered singing. Some people hear these mistakes and think, "Oh, he has a bad voice", without putting any thought into it. But it is much more complicated than that.

EDIT: Also, you need to listen to your recording and be able to scrutinize every part of the vocals. Some parts sound great, some parts are obviously a little off. It is inherently difficult to critique one's own recorded voice. The voice we hear coming out of our mouth, and what is heard when it is recorded is very different. You need to be able to get used to your recorded voice and find the parts where you didn't quite hit the note you were trying to, and try to record until you have perfected the vocals on the recording. Unfortunately, when posting these online, you are hearing the opinions of people who are used to hearing professionals vocals. They are not judging your voice on it's potential, but on it's quality in relation to professional recordings. Vocalists who hear this, like myself, will hear these with the knowledge that, simply because it is not as polished as a studio recording, it doesn't mean it's bad.

thanks for straightening that up

because i myself thought my voice wasnt bad for starting to record my singing 2 months ago and seriously try and sing not just sing along with other ppls music
Feb 14 2010 04:23pm
Love the melody and the whole chord progression.
It was really peaceful and the theme was really well chosen.
The lyrics were quite good too, I didn't find them extraordinary though, because I know how hard it is to write good stuff, and maybe the fact I'm atheist just repulsed me a bit more (Let's not start a religion-war thread again).

The only problem I found, and I think most share the same opinion as I, were the vocals. It sounds like you're not trying to sing, but more recite in a "melodic" way which sometimes is really off timing. Although I'm not a singer and never sung myself, all I can say is to try and put more heart into your singing because your voice sounds like if it comes from your nose. I don't know if you understand what I mean, but keep practicing, I'm sure you'll get very good.

Sorry for the harsh part on the vocals, but they do play a REALLY huge role in acoustic songs like these. And yes I know singing along an acoustic is way tougher and different than with drums, e-guitar and such.

Cheers.
Feb 14 2010 06:23pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Feb 14 2010 06:23pm)
Love the melody and the whole chord progression.
It was really peaceful and the theme was really well chosen.
The lyrics were quite good too, I didn't find them extraordinary though, because I know how hard it is to write good stuff, and maybe the fact I'm atheist just repulsed me a bit more (Let's not start a religion-war thread again).

The only problem I found, and I think most share the same opinion as I, were the vocals. It sounds like you're not trying to sing, but more recite in a "melodic" way which sometimes is really off timing. Although I'm not a singer and never sung myself, all I can say is to try and put more heart into your singing because your voice sounds like if it comes from your nose. I don't know if you understand what I mean, but keep practicing, I'm sure you'll get very good.

Sorry for the harsh part on the vocals, but they do play a REALLY huge role in acoustic songs like these. And yes I know singing along an acoustic is way tougher and different than with drums, e-guitar and such.

Cheers.

i agree with you
i need some heavy work with my singing
and all i can do is keep doing it, just like every good singer has out there
some people are born with a good voice but some have wroked very hard to acheive the voice they are looking for

and ill become a person that is going to work on it
thanks for the input man
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll