d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Bet You Guys Get 1000 Of These Topics A Day But-
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 30.00
Feb 5 2010 10:20pm
I want to learn to play Acoustic guitar. How would you recommend I go about this process.

Ps- I played trumpet 5 years, so I'm not a total noob when it comes to music

thanks alot
Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2010 01:34am
Quote (Varsity @ Feb 5 2010 10:20pm)
I want to learn to play Acoustic guitar. How would you recommend I go about this process.

thanks alot

Hmm i would start looking at acoustic guitars in your price range, find the one you like make sure you do some research on it tho, and then buy a book or some shit
Gold: 44.25
Feb 6 2010 01:57am
Quote (Varsity @ Feb 5 2010 11:20pm)

thanks alot

First, decide if you're going to really stick with it or not. This will prove crucial to the next step:

Buy the best guitar you can, and hire the best teacher you can. Devote all your free time to your guitar.

After some years you will be a guitar bad ass and hoards of band sluts will flock to you like drones of women to the mall on Black Friday.
Feb 6 2010 01:57am
If you already have an guitar that is usable and is decent. It's really simple to get started.

I got calasis, no idea how to spell it, by rubbing sand paper across my finger tips.
Tuning a guitar.
Next, I learned my basic chords and basic songs.
Then I started learning my Scales.
Harmonics
Blues/Jazz like scales

So on and so forth, can find it all on google.

As well what Ghost said, decide rather to stick with it or not.

This post was edited by The_Yzk on Feb 6 2010 01:58am
Feb 6 2010 03:04am
Quote (The_Yzk @ Feb 6 2010 01:57am)
If you already have an guitar that is usable and is decent. It's really simple to get started.

I got calasis, no idea how to spell it, by rubbing sand paper across my finger tips.
Tuning a guitar.
Next, I learned my basic chords and basic songs.
Then I started learning my Scales.
Harmonics
Blues/Jazz like scales

So on and so forth, can find it all on google.

As well what Ghost said, decide rather to stick with it or not.

Callouses come eventually don't need to rub sand paper on ur fingers lol. But yeah I would start with scales first, get some strength on ur fingers and stuff, then learn some chords and progressions then rhythm patterns, and then some easy songs.
Feb 6 2010 11:50am
The way I began guitar was with basic chords into simple songs, and then worked my way up from there. Scales and other finger exercises should not be overlooked, heck, I still do them on a daily basis.

The most important thing to remember that is that to play well, you will need dedication.
Gold: 1.00
Feb 6 2010 02:30pm
Quote (hotdogski @ Feb 6 2010 04:04am)
Callouses come eventually don't need to rub sand paper on ur fingers lol. But yeah I would start with scales first, get some strength on ur fingers and stuff, then learn some chords and progressions then rhythm patterns, and then some easy songs.

That's true, but I definitely won't deny the science that sandpaper WILL help you get your callouses a lot faster, and some people give up on guitar way too fast because of the pain, and maybe they should just speed up the process and use sandpaper. Hey, whatever works for ya (:
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll