d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Voice Editing..
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 722.00
Jan 22 2010 03:08pm
I wanted to get a decent microphone and a program for editing voices.. I have a few youtube vid's up but lately i've been seeing people using programs to enhance their voice.. Just wanted to try it and see how it works.

You guys got any ideas of a microphone? Or a program?

I was thinking a Shure..
Jan 28 2010 03:19pm
Quote (Rinkerx @ Jan 22 2010 04:08pm)
I wanted to get a decent microphone and a program for editing voices.. I have a few youtube vid's up but lately i've been seeing people using programs to enhance their voice.. Just wanted to try it and see how it works.

You guys got any ideas of a microphone? Or a program?

I was thinking a Shure..

no one knows any?
Gold: 11.11
Jan 28 2010 10:04pm
I'm not particularly an expert but I know a bit about getting a good sound. Shure makes nice microphones. If you want to be recording vocals for studio work I would recommend looking at condenser mics that are within your price range. Read reviews etc. Dynamic mics are usually cheaper but the sound isn't going to be of studio quality generally, if ever. My friend recently purchased the Bluebird by Blue and it is beautiful. It's fairly cheap at ~$300 and the quality is great. You can record just about anything with good results if you know how to EQ it correctly etc. But yeah, overall, look for a condenser mic that is aimed at recording vocals and within your price range. I would recommend a few but I don't know much about the products that are out there, just search around. Good luck.
Jan 28 2010 10:11pm
Quote (HERETICtheory @ Jan 28 2010 11:04pm)
I'm not particularly an expert but I know a bit about getting a good sound.  Shure makes nice microphones.  If you want to be recording vocals for studio work I would recommend looking at condenser mics that are within your price range.  Read reviews etc.  Dynamic mics are usually cheaper but the sound isn't going to be of studio quality generally, if ever.  My friend recently purchased the Bluebird by Blue and it is beautiful.  It's fairly cheap at ~$300 and the quality is great.  You can record just about anything with good results if you know how to EQ it correctly etc.  But yeah, overall, look for a condenser mic that is aimed at recording vocals and within your price range.  I would recommend a few but I don't know much about the products that are out there, just search around.  Good luck.

Thanks this is pretty much what I was looking for, I don't know a whole ton about EQ but enough I guess.
Gold: 220.00
Jan 28 2010 11:29pm
Shure sm57 is 90-100 bucks and it is the go to mic for vocals. Other than a condenser. Then use Reaper to record which is free and comes with a shit ton of plugins. You will need an interphase. The phoneport, or cheaper m-box are good for that.
Jan 28 2010 11:45pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Jan 29 2010 12:29am)
Shure sm57 is 90-100 bucks and it is the go to mic for vocals. Other than a condenser. Then use Reaper to record which is free and comes with a shit ton of plugins. You will need an interphase. The phoneport, or cheaper m-box are good for that.

I'll check into it
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll