d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Problem With My Bending
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,417.00
Nov 12 2009 03:32pm
ok so the problem is that when i do a full bend a string, any of em, when i release it, the top 2 string of the bended string open rings.. and i really cant figure out what im doing wrong, and this is starting to piss me off, ive looked every website on google that says how to bend a string, and none of em resolved my problem, some1 told me i had to palm mute the strings, but i cant do that without muting the bended string, it seems impossible to me to find a good way to do it.. of course, practice is the key, but when i play, i cant concentrate on anything else but thhose god damn ringing strings, so yeah, your help is going to be very apreciated..thanks

This post was edited by icp_1 on Nov 12 2009 03:34pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 12 2009 07:53pm
I personally dampen or mute the strings I'm not bending, but it came naturally. Nothing I had to make adjustments for.
Just keep trying to use a bit of your picking hand on the strings you're not playing while you bend. I don't know, if that
doesn't work maybe someone else here will have a better suggestion.
Gold: 3,032.85
Nov 13 2009 04:16am
Quote (icp_1 @ Nov 12 2009 01:32pm)
ok so the problem is that when i do a full bend a string, any of em, when i release it, the top 2 string of the bended string open rings.. and i really cant figure out what im doing wrong, and this is starting to piss me off, ive looked every website on google that says how to bend a string, and none of em resolved my problem, some1 told me i had to palm mute the strings, but i cant do that without muting the bended string, it seems impossible to me to find a good way to do it.. of course, practice is the key, but when i play, i cant concentrate  on anything else but thhose god damn ringing strings, so yeah, your help is going to be very apreciated..thanks

rest your index finger on the string above the one you're bending while using your middle/ring or middle/ring/pinky to bend the string (using more then one finger makes bends much easier)

the index finger mutes the strings above the one you're bending. you can also wrap your thumb around the neck to mute the rest of the low strings, and use your picking hand palm to mute.

learning and combining all 3 of these methods gives you perfect muting at all times and is pretty essential to learn if you want to play cleanly

edit: wrapping your thumb around the neck should only be done when bending as it gives extra strength, but when doing legato runs or riffs that require the pinky its better to use thumb behind the neck position

This post was edited by AlbinoBlackMan on Nov 13 2009 04:17am
Gold: 51,110.09
Nov 14 2009 06:45pm
What I do is muting the 2nd string above the bended string with my picking hand's thumb. What happens is that the finger that is bending is automatically muting the string above, so it leaves another string to be muted with my right hand.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll