d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Fl Studio Plugins > How To?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 357.77
Trader: Trusted
Oct 31 2009 03:27am
The Shared VST Plugin Directory

During the installation of FL Studio the option is given to set the 'Shared' VST folder. That is a location on your hard-drive where FL Studio and other VST compliant programs can search and find VST plugins. The default location set by FL Studio during installation (assuming one has not already been set) is '..\Program Files\Vstplugins'. If you can't find this directory, another commonly set 'Shared VST' folder is '..\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins'. The shared VST directory is set in the registry by the first program that needed to create one. The following installation procedure assumes that ..\Program Files\Vstplugins has been set.

1. Browse to your Windows installation drive: ..\Program Files\Vstplugins.

2. Create a 'My VSTs' plugin Sub-directory where you will save ALL your 3rd party plugins. Optionally create sub-directories for Effects and Instruments (be organized, as later it can be hard to remember what is an effect or plugin just looking at a list of *.dll files).

3. Alternatively If you already have a location where you have been saving VSTs or would like to create one elsewhere add it as the VST search directory. Press F10, then select the File tab. At the bottom of the File window you will see the 'VST plugins extra search directory, click on the folder icon and browse to your external VST directory and click OK. FL studio will now look in this directory for VST plugins (in addition to the shared ..\Program Files\Vstplugins directory).

4. Installation See the next section:

Installing VST Instruments & Effects

Install the Instrument plugins (.dlls, etc) to the appropriate directory created in the previous section (above). This will usually be a copy procedure. If installation uses an installer, override the default install directory and point it to your VST directory.

Scan for the new VST plugin:

Instruments - Click: 1. Channels > 2. More > 3. Refresh (button at the bottom of the list) > 4 . Fast scan. The plugin you have installed should appear in the plugin list in red. If this does not happen, please make sure you have followed the previous steps properly.

Effects - In the Mixer window, click down arrow for any of the plugin slots (external effects banks), click the Select item. In the submenu that appears, select More.... You will see a window listing all effect plugins available in FL Studio. At the bottom of the window, click the Refresh button and select Fast Scan. The plugin you have installed should appear in the plugin list in red color. If this does not happen, please make sure you have followed the previous steps properly.

3# Optional - Place a check mark before the plugin name if you want it listed in your favorites and close the window.
4# Now the plugin is installed and can be used as a standard FL Studio instrument or effect.

Jogamok©
Banned
Gold: 7.36
Warn: 20%
Oct 31 2009 04:33am
Seems nice, do you know something about PoiZone and Toxic III?

i'm using em but there's like a annoying watermark which appears when i'm using em.

Cheers
Oct 31 2009 06:16am
Quote (Lombimars @ 31 Oct 2009 11:33)
Seems nice, do you know something about PoiZone and Toxic III?

i'm using em but there's like a annoying watermark which appears when i'm using em.

Cheers

Mhh...I try figuring something out :) ..

What stands on the watermark?
Banned
Oct 31 2009 06:25am
Quote (Jogamok1 @ 31 Oct 2009 14:16)
Mhh...I try figuring something out :) ..

What stands on the watermark?

Well, it appears randomly, i've just have to chose this plugins, its like a very long wave of dust sound, or maybe wind, here a example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQjzV7_B8SA

the song is somewhat strange, but pay attention to the weird sound.
Oct 31 2009 06:38am
Quote (Lombimars @ 31 Oct 2009 13:25)
Well, it appears randomly, i've just have to chose this plugins, its like a very long wave of dust sound, or maybe wind, here a example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQjzV7_B8SA

the song is somewhat strange, but pay attention to the weird sound.

weird s: .. well i try and search for something who will help you, I personal never had that prob s:
Banned
Oct 31 2009 06:40am
Quote (Jogamok1 @ 31 Oct 2009 14:38)
weird s: .. well i try and search for something who will help you, I personal never had that prob s:

Do you bought your versions? because mine is only cracked, but i can do everything like save/export etc, i've only got this problem with the additionnals plugins, thanks for your time.
Oct 31 2009 06:43am
Quote (Lombimars @ 31 Oct 2009 13:40)
Do you bought your versions? because mine is only cracked, but i can do everything like save/export etc, i've only got this problem with the additionnals plugins, thanks for your time.

I bought all mine programs, Songs, Plugins , synths etc :)
Banned
Oct 31 2009 08:08am
Quote (Jogamok1 @ 31 Oct 2009 14:43)
I bought all mine programs, Songs, Plugins , synths etc :)

do you think it could come from this? or may i try to re-install all the plugins after installing fruity loops?
Oct 31 2009 09:09am
Quote (Lombimars @ 31 Oct 2009 15:08)
do you think it could come from this? or may i try to re-install all the plugins after installing fruity loops?

try and re-install it :).. It mayb has something to do with only a cracked version*

-Mhh we may not talk pirated programs i: Incl Cracks etc s:
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll