d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Problem W/ Guitar > Strings
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2009 03:50pm
whenever i hit anynote on the fretboard and let go of it, i hear the other strings make noise ( playing on electric guitar ) and i didn't do anything w/ the strings..and when i press down a little hard on any note, the other strings make noise. unlesss i mute all the other strings completely. but u see other players do that w/o a problem and they don't even mute the other strings

is it the guitar's problem or do i need to change strings or wat??? ( im using ibanez rg 320ex currently )
Gold: 220.00
Oct 25 2009 06:56pm
Neither, its you. You will learn to mute other strings while you play on one string as you continue to practice.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2009 09:21pm
yeah its you bro

take a look at this ---> http://www.ibreathemusic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12557
Gold: 4,010.00
Oct 26 2009 05:18am
Quote (drewtx84 @ Oct 25 2009 02:50pm)
whenever i hit anynote on the fretboard and let go of it, i hear the other strings make noise ( playing on electric guitar ) and i didn't do anything w/ the strings..and when i press down a little hard on any note, the other strings make noise. unlesss i mute all the other strings completely. but u see other players do that w/o a problem and they don't even mute the other strings

is it the guitar's problem or do i need to change strings or wat??? ( im using ibanez rg 320ex currently )

Most guitar players will usually have part of their palm touching the strings at all times usually

It's just a muting technique so you dont make that noise

just practice and you'll get it

Gold: 25.00
Oct 26 2009 11:37am
Quote (WOEMDIK @ Oct 26 2009 04:18am)
Most guitar players will usually have part of their palm touching the strings at all times usually

It's just a muting technique so you dont make that noise

just practice and you'll get it

this give it time and you will do it without even thinking, guitar involves a lot of muscle memory. Pretty soon you will using all sorts of technique that are not that visible to other people, but make a big difference in how clean and distinct your notes are when playing.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll