d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Interested In Making Music
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2009 04:29pm
I just wanna make some beats and some things I can lay guitar/bass tracks over and maybe some lyrics. Pretty much like a one man band right here form my computer. I don't have any fancy equipment just your run of the mill home computer. I'm just wanting to make some backing tracks so i can play bass/guitar along with them. What programs would I need to accomplish this? I have Fruity Loops Studio 8. What other programs would I need? Just simple ones. Nothing I'm gonna have to have a midi interface or controller with. I don't want to buy any equipment just programs.

List your recommendations here as well as what it's used for.

Thanks
Gold: 220.00
Oct 23 2009 05:01pm
Guitar Pro.

You can program all types of instruments with it. Then run them through the samples from fruity loops.

More in depth, midi is a file that sends commands. It can be read by different programs such as fruity loops to trigger samples, such as drum/guitar/bass. So what you can do is use guitar pro. Guitar pro is an easy midi programmer. It gives you a music page with an easy to see fret board to lay down guitars/bass, a keyboard is also available. For drums, it is a page that tells you the numbers that correspond to each drum. For each note you can set the duration of the note.

Then when you have finished programming everything. You export the midi file and then import it into fruity loops. Each separately you can use one of the fl plugins to edit and make it sound how you want. Then you can mix em all together.

My question, are you planning on recording? Or just want to programm everything and maybe just record some lyrics.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 24 2009 10:22am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Oct 23 2009 07:01pm)
Guitar Pro.

You can program all types of instruments with it. Then run them through the samples from fruity loops.

More in depth, midi is a file that sends commands. It can be read by different programs such as fruity loops to trigger samples, such as drum/guitar/bass. So what you can do is use guitar pro. Guitar pro is an easy midi programmer. It gives you a music page with an easy to see fret board to lay down guitars/bass, a keyboard is also available. For drums, it is a page that tells you the numbers that correspond to each drum. For each note you can set the duration of the note.

Then when you have finished programming everything. You export the midi file and then import it into fruity loops. Each separately you can use one of the fl plugins to edit and make it sound how you want. Then you can mix em all together.

My question, are you planning on recording? Or just want to programm everything and maybe just record some lyrics.

Awesome. I have guitar pro as well. I'll try this and see what I can do. I may record at some point once i get the hang of it. Know of any good tutorials?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll