d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Ok I Have A Few Questions About Amps.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 16,417.00
Aug 28 2009 04:10pm
so, my amp has : Normal sound, distortion sound , gain, volume, bass, mid, treb, level/reverb

1st Q : what is reverb used for ? even if i play with the button i cant see any difference in the sound, note that im a beginnin guitarist.

2nd Q: what is overdrive and Clean sound? is clean the same thing as normal?

3rd Q : what do you think about my amp ? its an Ibanez TBX15R, note once again, that I'm a beginner and I dont need a 50 watts amp.

and gtfo if your just going to come in and say stupid shit.

thanks for those who will really take time to read and answer my Q's

This post was edited by icp_1 on Aug 28 2009 04:11pm
Gold: 1,299.00
Aug 28 2009 06:10pm
Q1. Reverb does like it says, its makes an echo type of effect.

Q2. Overdrive is another name for distortion it gives the sound a heavier feel. Yes, clean is regular.

Q3. Don't know much about that amp, but Ibanez is a good brand. Best amps are older tube amp.

Hope this helped, lemme know if any other questions.
Gold: 16,417.00
Aug 28 2009 08:23pm
Quote (13375 @ Fri, 28 Aug 2009, 17:10)
Q1. Reverb does like it says, its makes an echo type of effect.

Q2. Overdrive is another name for distortion it gives the sound a heavier feel. Yes, clean is regular.

Q3.  Don't know much about that amp, but Ibanez is a good brand. Best amps are older tube amp.

Hope this helped, lemme know if any other questions.

oh ya u just made think of it, what is a tube amp? David Gilmour's amp is a tube amp ( my fav guitarist ^^) and i keep on tryinng to catch his sound and everywhere i read infos onhim it says tube amp.. so ^^
Gold: 220.00
Aug 28 2009 09:41pm
Tube amps have physical vacuum tubes inside. You would be able to see them from behind or through the front. These amps usually have a on/off switch and a stand by switch.

Your amp is not a tube amp.

Also it seems you have a misconception that higher wattage = better. You can get boutique amps for thousands for dollars that are 15-10 watts or even 1 or half a watt.

There are 15 watt tube practice amps that cost about the same as some practice amps.

Tube > Solid State
Gold: 1,299.00
Aug 29 2009 08:24am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Sat, Aug 29 2009, 03:41am)
Tube amps have physical vacuum tubes inside. You would be able to see them from behind or through the front. These amps usually have a on/off switch and a stand by switch.

Your amp is not a tube amp.

Also it seems you have a misconception that higher wattage = better. You can get boutique amps for thousands for dollars that are 15-10 watts or even 1 or half a watt.

There are 15 watt tube practice amps that cost about the same as some practice amps.

Tube > Solid State

Ya tubes are the best only thing about them is they need some venting room and some tube amps aren't AB and you have to bias them but its good to usually bias any of them when changing power tubes. I have a Fender Hot Rod Deville one of the best tube amps out today and i love it. This thing is so loud i could probably play a stadium and it is only 60 watts.... ya lol watts aren't a thing for tube amps. Check out the marshall micro stacks on youtube or something or some orange amps how small they are and what they can do. I reccomend if you ever want another amp get tube amp in a combo, there plenty loud, easy setting up and you can always add a cab. Changing tubes are easy all you have to do is pull them straight out and pop a new one in and they last like a year, idk much about biasing yet i haven't done it but ill probably get someone to show me how.
Aug 29 2009 12:48pm
The Marshall Micro stack is just an MG. The 3 well advertised amps that you need to avoid are the Line 6 Spider, Fender Frontman and the Marshall MG.

The ones to look for are the Peavey Vyper and the Roland cube.
Gold: 655.00
Aug 29 2009 12:57pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Sat, Aug 29 2009, 01:48pm)
The Marshall Micro stack is just an MG. The 3 well advertised amps that you need to avoid are the Line 6 Spider, Fender Frontman and the Marshall MG.

The ones to look for are the Peavey Vyper and the Roland cube.

I agree with those 3.
I personally own a line 6 spyder.
iots fine really.. im not a great guitarist for 200 bucks i got a 30 watt amp with tons of effects and stuff...
before i bought it, i did want the peavy vypr but i couldnt find it so i grabbbed the line 6.
its not a bad amp. i dont know why everyone critisizes it so much.
Aug 29 2009 01:58pm
Well its not that there is something wrong with it. But what im saying is that if you can get the Cube or Vyper get those instead. Also if you can save a little more you could get a much better tube combo.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll