d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Splicing Intrumentals/vocals
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 890.00
Jul 28 2009 06:33am
Alright, so me and a friend are working on a cool project... however, we need to splice the instrumental... and the vocals -- keeping good quality.
I followed tutorials for audacity, audition... and nothing works!!!!!

We don't have money to pay for a different one besides those.

Is there anyone that could do it for us? If it's possible.. to split the drums/guitar/any piano as well... but the vocals/instrumental is far more important.
Gold: 500.27
Jul 28 2009 06:35am
How much tracks have you to splice with which instruments ? I mean is the instrumental already spliced up ?

This post was edited by tOrF on Jul 28 2009 06:38am
Jul 28 2009 06:45am
Quote (tOrF @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 08:35am)
How much tracks have you to splice with which instruments ? I mean is the instrumental already spliced up ?

What do you mean? :huh:

It's a full song atm, needing to be spliced up but we need to KEEP the vocals and the instrumental... just as separate files. =/ I know it's possible... we just can't figure it out.
Gold: 1.04
Jul 28 2009 06:53am
Quote (element104954 @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 12:45pm)
What do you mean? :huh:

It's a full song atm, needing to be spliced up but we need to KEEP the vocals and the instrumental... just as separate files. =/ I know it's possible... we just can't figure it out.

Hes asking you how many instruments you have in the song, and what those instruments are.
Jul 28 2009 07:04am
So I guess it's a full song which is on *.mp3 format.
Do you still have the vocal & instrumental part as project files anywhere ?

If not, gimme link of your song where it's currently hosted.

This post was edited by tOrF on Jul 28 2009 07:05am
Jul 28 2009 07:31am
Quote (tOrF @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 09:04am)
So I guess it's a full song which is on *.mp3 format.
Do you still have the vocal & instrumental part as project files anywhere ?

If not, gimme link of your song where it's currently hosted.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=900327&songID=7887805

That's the song.
It's not us ofc.. It's a band called Underoath.

We want separate files of the following:
Only vocals
Only full instrumental
Only electric guitar
Only bass
Only drums
Only piano

I think that's the only instruments... but you get the point I think.

[edit] If you can't get the individual instruments... then the main goal is to get vocals and full instrumental. ^ ^

This post was edited by element104954 on Jul 28 2009 07:36am
Jul 28 2009 09:18am
Ehm... I thought you were talking about your own creation ^^

There is no backing tracks of this band available yet. Although on this kind of studio recording & mixed mp3, taking appart the instrumental or the vocals would be awful to hear.
I guess you tried this with Audacity (high pass filter stereo>reverse>mono etc..) the rendition is terrible unless the original file was mixed in soft and simple ways.

Actually, such an mp3 file taughly mixed/recorded is like a chocolate cake; when its realisation is ascomplished you can't tear the flavour appart anymore, nor the eggs and the chocolate inside. Everything is already mixed there's no backup unless you're in possession of the individual parts recordings.
As I said you'll only be able to split the main stereo file, reducing vocal's part Hertz and adding some effects... But anyway it won't be legal :ph34r: ©

So you've got two options, first is to request professional sound engeneer who will play/copy/sequence each single track.
Second is to do it manually, converting the *.mp3 into a MIDI file and then to import it into a MIDI sequencer where you'd use the appropriate combination of MIDI controllers (keyboard, drum, wind, tactile, etc.)

Please note that sequencing a song like this is time consuming and takes a lotta work, I can not do it.
Keep on google'in`na purpose to find uploaded backing tracks.

tOrF
Jul 28 2009 09:34am
Quote (tOrF @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:18am)
Ehm... I thought you were talking about your own creation ^^

There is no backing tracks of this band available yet. Although on this kind of studio recording & mixed mp3, taking appart the instrumental or the vocals would be awful to hear.
I guess you tried this with Audacity (high pass filter stereo>reverse>mono etc..) the rendition is terrible unless the original file was mixed in soft and simple ways.

Actually, such an mp3 file taughly mixed/recorded is like a chocolate cake; when its realisation is ascomplished you can't tear the flavour appart anymore, nor the eggs and the chocolate inside. Everything is already mixed there's no backup unless you're in possession of the individual parts recordings.
As I said you'll only be able to split the main stereo file, reducing vocal's part Hertz and adding some effects... But anyway it won't be legal  :ph34r: ©

So you've got two options, first is to request professional sound engeneer who will play/copy/sequence each single track.
Second is to do it manually, converting the *.mp3 into a MIDI file and then to import it into a MIDI sequencer where you'd use the appropriate combination of MIDI controllers (keyboard, drum, wind, tactile, etc.)

Please note that sequencing a song like this is time consuming and takes a lotta work, I can not do it.
Keep on google'in`na purpose to find uploaded backing tracks.

tOrF

That's probably exactly what I was afraid of hearing. :cry:

I guess our only option is to choose a different song, maybe more popular for a better chance of finding backing tracks you speak of? :O
Jul 28 2009 09:49am
Yes for sure... I've spent some time on the web in the purpose to find Btracks of Underoath, there's none, karaoke edition either :x
A bunch of backing tracks are on the web, you gotta sort the goodie from the craps. It's like you'd be @ supermarket vegetables section.

This post was edited by tOrF on Jul 28 2009 09:52am
Jul 28 2009 09:51am
Quote (tOrF @ Tue, Jul 28 2009, 11:49am)
Yes for sure... I've spent some time on the web in the purpose to find Btracks of Underoath, there's none, karaoke edition either :x

I just found one for that exact song I was looking for! :O W00t! That made me happy... Heh.

Now, this one is just for the whole instrumental. Is there ever backing tracks of individual instruments or does that not usually happen?

If there was only a way to get the vocals though. xD

This post was edited by element104954 on Jul 28 2009 09:57am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll