d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Genre Discussion
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Jun 25 2009 07:18pm
Hey to you all in the "Musicians Chat". This is the first time actually I visit this sub-forum but this will not be the last for sure since I love music. I´m making this thread to clear up a few things to see what most people think and such. If you think this is spam I will do what I can to close this so it won´t become a mass spam thread.

So this leads to what I want to discuss about "Different genres and what you guys think of them!"

When I come to jsp I´m here to chat and trade sometimes, while doing this I have seen A LOT of users having this quote in their signatures
92% of teenagers have moved onto rap, if you're part of the 8% that listen to real music, copy this into your signature.

So my question here would be "What the hell is wrong with rap ?". I´m not a very big fan of rap myself but I must say that there is a lot of good music made in the genre "Rap" so what is the point of the quote ? If you like to mix it up a little there is a new song (I´m sure there is a lot more then just this song ofc) which "Lil Wayne" used both rap AND rock and my opinion about the song is that yeah it can be better but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnkuELv5PQo

I listen to many different kinds of genres BUT I don´t have anything against other genres like the quote posted above. Mostly I listen to rock I guess and I have "Metallica" and "System of a down" so "Lil Wayne" isn´t my first choice on the playlist in anyway but I like to listen to all kinds of genres and I´m open for new suggestions every single day. Hope this can be discussed and not mass spammed.

Thanks for me and will post another song to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUIsK4TOPMY
Gold: 0.00
Jun 25 2009 07:22pm
Lil' Wayne is a faggot.
Gold: 15.00
Jun 25 2009 07:24pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, 26 Jun 2009, 03:22)
Lil' Wayne is a faggot.

Exactly this is what I don´t want in this topic. Stay out if you don´t have anything good to say thanks.
Jun 25 2009 07:29pm
Quote (SnobbenSwe @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 01:24am)
Exactly this is what I don´t want in this topic. Stay out if you don´t have anything good to say thanks.

Lil' Wayne is a faggot.

You want good rap/hip hop... Look at the oldies.

N.W.A., Big L, Biggie, Pace, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Army Of The Pharaohs, Jedi Mind Tricks, Black Star, Gangstarr, Cypress Hill...

Get off of Wayne's dick, he's lyrically incompatible of making a good song. He's honestly a fucking terrible emcee... He tried his hand at rap and he sucked
and the fucking kids ate it up. Get off of his dick and listen to some better music.
Gold: 104.66
Jun 25 2009 07:38pm
My preference in music is mainly Rock/Metal ( a few of my favorite bands: All That Remains, Disturbed, System of a Down) but that doesnt mean that i wont still listen to other songs. i occasionally will listen to rap songs and some country. hell, i bet i could even listen to opera and enjoy it from time to time haha. its all based on the person listening to it all. people have thier opinions too ;)

This post was edited by bazcasta3 on Jun 25 2009 07:39pm
Gold: 2.57
Jun 25 2009 07:41pm
First of all this is Musicians Chat which is for people to talk about instruments and making music. You're looking for Favorite Songs & Bands chatter.

Quote (SnobbenSwe @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 01:18am)
92% of teenagers have moved onto rap, if you're part of the 8% that listen to real music, copy this into your signature.

When I come to jsp I´m here to chat and trade sometimes, while doing this I have seen A LOT of users having this quote in their signatures

it's ironic because most of the people who have that in their sig listen to terrible music.

Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 01:29am)
Lil' Wayne is a faggot.

You want good rap/hip hop... Look at the oldies.

N.W.A., Big L, Biggie, Pace, Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Ice Cube, Dre, Snoop, Army Of The Pharaohs, Jedi Mind Tricks, Black Star, Gangstarr, Cypress Hill...

Get off of Wayne's dick, he's lyrically incompatible of making a good song. He's honestly a fucking terrible emcee... He tried his hand at rap and he sucked
and the fucking kids ate it up. Get off of his dick and listen to some better music.

vouch this guy. Although I hate Jedi Mind Tricks.

Banned
Warn: 40%
Jun 25 2009 07:47pm
LIL WEEZY PLAYS WITH PENISES
Gold: 46.90
Warn: 10%
Jun 25 2009 09:24pm
Quote (SnobbenSwe @ Fri, Jun 26 2009, 11:24am)

your a faggot
Jun 25 2009 09:51pm
ok so im going to throw my 2 cents in here. The above posts say Lil Wayne is a faggot blah blah blah. reversion you stated your opinion, but just because you think he is a bad rapper doesnt mean in general he is a bad rapper. Music comes down to ones preference. Yes you will get some people who like old school rap better then the new rap but it doesnt make this generations rappers terrible, it just means that you dont like it. Clanbk and cptcool is it so hard to be mature? seriously if you post somthing like that at least justify it

now myself i prefer more metal, and heavier stuff. Noe someone is going to come in here and call me emo or goth etc, but metal suits my life style, i listen to it at the gym because it gets me pumped up, and in general i enjoy more heavier music. Dont get me wrong i do listen to rap and hiphop etc, but my fav style of music is metal. although some people think screaming sound terrible, to actually produce a quality scream is one of the hardest things to do in the vocal section of music. now someone is going to say no good singers are better because they hit notes on key etc. Yes that takes skill but screaming also takes skill, to get your vocal chords to vibrate right, to hold the scream and to keep the scream in tone is very tricky.

anyways in the end im a metal fan myself
Jun 25 2009 10:33pm
Quote (SnobbenSwe @ Thu, Jun 25 2009, 09:18pm)
Hey to you all in the "Musicians Chat". This is the first time actually I visit this sub-forum but this will not be the last for sure since I love music. I´m making this thread to clear up a few things to see what most people think and such. If you think this is spam I will do what I can to close this so it won´t become a mass spam thread.

So this leads to what I want to discuss about "Different genres and what you guys think of them!"

So my question here would be "What the hell is wrong with rap ?". I´m not a very big fan of rap myself but I must say that there is a lot of good music made in the genre "Rap" so what is the point of the quote ? If you like to mix it up a little there is a new song (I´m sure there is a lot more then just this song ofc) which "Lil Wayne" used both rap AND rock and my opinion about the song is that yeah it can be better but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnkuELv5PQo

I listen to many different kinds of genres BUT I don´t have anything against other genres like the quote posted above. Mostly I listen to rock I guess and I have "Metallica" and "System of a down" so "Lil Wayne" isn´t my first choice on the playlist in anyway but I like to listen to all kinds of genres and I´m open for new suggestions every single day. Hope this can be discussed and not mass spammed.

Thanks for me and will post another song to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUIsK4TOPMY

one is me
i dont like rap because of its dumb lyrics
lyrics with no purpose
lyrics that are complelety retarded
alot of rap songs are just about sex and drugs and women
just because of too many rap songs iv listened to and it just ruins the entire genre of music
which is rly terrible
even when i hear christian rap i just feel like its not getting to me and it sounds like any other rap like it
so every time i hear a rap song all i hear is crap in my ears

i look for purpose in music
music that have a leason in it
or a teaching
or something to tell

thats why i dont like rap
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll