d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Truss Rod Help > How To Get The Buzzing Out?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 11,990.51
Jun 8 2009 08:45pm
I understand the bowing effect and how to adjust the rod with my tool, but i just cant get the buzzing out of the 1st and 2nd fret on the E string. I might have to raise my action or shave something. Gotta go to a professional huh?? Anyone got some experience with this?
Gold: 25.00
Jun 8 2009 09:15pm
most commonly if its on the first and second fret, its probably a nut height issue, getting a new one and getting it fitted and filed professionally is the best, or it just needs to be set up You dont really need to be messing with your truss rod unneccesarily, especially when your not sure what your doing. Go and get it strung and the intonation set at a guitar shop, it will be like 25-30 bucks tops and will play a hell of a lot better with the appropriate string height
Gold: 11,990.51
Jun 8 2009 09:37pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Mon, Jun 8 2009, 09:15pm)
most commonly if its on the first and second fret, its probably a nut height issue, getting a new one and getting it fitted and filed professionally is the best, or it just needs to be set up  You dont really need to be messing with your truss rod unneccesarily, especially when your not sure what your doing.  Go and get it strung and the intonation set at a guitar shop, it will be like 25-30 bucks tops and will play a hell of a lot better with the appropriate string height

yea ur right i messed with it and i got it to sond alright again. just minor buzz but it works. oh and its 20 bucks cause i just had it done to my other guitar today...damn money
Gold: 19,597.59
Jun 9 2009 03:40pm
Quote (MyExitEmergency @ Mon, Jun 8 2009, 10:15pm)
most commonly if its on the first and second fret, its probably a nut height issue, getting a new one and getting it fitted and filed professionally is the best, or it just needs to be set up You dont really need to be messing with your truss rod unneccesarily, especially when your not sure what your doing. Go and get it strung and the intonation set at a guitar shop, it will be like 25-30 bucks tops and will play a hell of a lot better with the appropriate string height

this is good advice. you dont want to adjust the truss rod on a nice guitar to fix action problems, it will eventually cause neck warpage. you can try to fit a nut yourself, its not that hard if you know how to get a piece of bone flat. (tape sandpaper to table then rub the nut back and forth in steady motion). you also need a good ruler that measures in tiny increments and a straight edge. gl diy repairs are fun!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll