d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Favorite Musical Gear > Let's Make A 'top 3' Thread
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 30 2009 11:05am
What are your three favorite musical items? Please provide a brief description :)

In no particular order, mine are:

1. Schecter c-1 +: I've had this guitar for about three years now, and I've done quite a bit to modify it. First, I installed a Duncan JB/Jazz combo. I then had a bone nut installed to improve tone and sustain, and changed the stock tuners for planet waves locking tuners. This is my main guitar, and I hope to keep it forever.

2. Peavey XXX 212 combo: This amp has been my main amp for a few years now, and I've grown pretty fond of it. I changed the stock 6L6 tubes out for EL34's.

3. THD Hot Plate: This is an amazing piece of gear. With this attenuator I can have my 120 watt amp cranked and still have almost nothing coming out of the speakers. I can play at full saturation in my living room, while my brother watches TV.
Gold: 0.00
May 1 2009 03:13am
Jackson Rhoads V - bought this guitar off some dude and I love it! So fresh and so clean!

BOSS MT-2 - An amazingly versatile pedal, sound's amazing no matter what!

Crate BluVoodoo Cab/Crate - Rollin Vintage 30's, this amp sound's totally badass at all times.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 1 2009 12:07pm
1. fender highway one strat- i've had this guitar for like 3 years as well, but it was like my first "real" guitar. i had second thoughts at first, but this guitar is definitely my favorite. i replaced the neck pup with a gold lace sensor, the mid with a dimarzio area58 and the bridge humbucker is a dimarzio PAF. it may not be the highest quality guitar out there, but it outshines many guitars i've played, and some of my friends have insane guitars. i also through some schaller locking tuners on there, but they don't really make too much a difference. the stock tuners were just as good it seems.

2. carvin legacy head- i just recently got this head after 2+ years of using an epiphone valve jr. and a shitty crate, and it makes such a difference in my tonal qualities. this head has the best cleans i've ever heard. i've played the vintage fender amps and i can't get these same cleans out of them even. the custom tolex covering i have on it makes it look as good as it sounds too. only problem is i really need an attenuator. i have a problem getting the tones i desire at low volumes, and while im not a bedroom player, i tend to be stuck here alot and my other heads or my little combo don't do the justice i need.

3. 86 bc rich stiii- i got this guitar from a friend for an old bike frame i had laying in my garage. i declared this guitar as a peice of shit when i got it, and used my tele or strat over it, but i was really mistaken. this guitar has some random aftermarket neck on it that is the perfect neck for me. i think i play best using this guitar. it has 3 pickup switches for a wider variety of possible tones that make it really sweet too. the lack of a locking nut renders the floyd rose useless, so that is something i'm going to have to fund eventually, but i really love this guitar.

this is hard, i love all of my gear haha.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll