d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > So, Getting Any Better? > My Band
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 26 2009 05:06pm
Hey, vocalist from that being said again.

I'm actually getting some really good criticism on everything, even if it is negative, which I expected I'd just get a bunch of negative spam from Evis becuase you guys shun the hardcore.
Like.
Quote (wh0racLe @ Mon, Mar 30 2009, 07:56pm)
The guitar work is really weak.

Vocals were not bad, much much better than the last songs you posted.

Quote (hellohal @ Mon, Mar 30 2009, 09:30pm)
the drums need a lot of work

death metal drummers generally have A LOT of double pedal
this just seems to have some soft pedal beats every so often smile.gif
also, the some times seem a bit.... random?

imo, its not the greatest, but i can see some potential there

p.s. i dont like to comment on anything but the drums as thats all i play and wouldnt want to criticize what i dont know about smile.gif

Anyways, becuase Cameron (last drummer) Dropped becuase he thought I was talking behind his back, When I was pureley having discussion with the lead, We got a new drummer.
He can actually use the double bass peddle.

And I've cut my hair as well, Probably like 3 weeks back.
Fucking robotrip.
;[

Anyways, The guitar in this vid is a little low, but things are sounding better with the new drummer and with a decent amp system. I'm liking where we're going, and yes, this is the same song that used to be uploaded to www.myspace.com/thatbeingsaid

Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR6UO0KF8ME&feature=channel_page
Apr 26 2009 05:19pm
Aw/ Whoracle was in here, but left. D:
Gold: 13.37
Apr 26 2009 05:27pm
You should rly consider a new vocalist :) I will see if I can upload recording from my band 2.5 years ago tomorrow.. no time now

More trashmetal thought.. not screaming like this, and we recorded in studio here in bergen so sound is alittle better..

Some tight guitar thou! I comment on thats cuz thats what I have experience with :)
Apr 26 2009 05:37pm
Quote (Askozepusen @ Sun, Apr 26 2009, 07:27pm)
You should rly consider a new vocalist :) I will see if I can upload recording from my band 2.5 years ago tomorrow.. no time now

More trashmetal thought.. not screaming like this, and we recorded in studio here in bergen so sound is alittle better..

Some tight guitar thou! I comment on thats cuz thats what I have experience with :)

He's gonna replace himself? :lol:

I can't really say much about this because the recording quality is horrible. It sounded bad to me but obviously it will sound better in the studio. Tell your guitarist to practice his arpeggios with a metronome because they sound very choppy. Timing can make or break sweep picking technique; if it's not smooth then you shouldn't be doing it at all.

edit: keep it up either way. everyone makes a shitload of bad music before they make any good music. Just give it time.

This post was edited by Jebsus on Apr 26 2009 05:41pm
Apr 26 2009 05:45pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 12:37am)
He's gonna replace himself? :lol:

I can't really say much about this because the recording quality is horrible. It sounded bad to me but obviously it will sound better in the studio. Tell your guitarist to practice his arpeggios with a metronome because they sound very choppy. Timing can make or break sweep picking technique; if it's not smooth then you shouldn't be doing it at all.

edit: keep it up either way. everyone makes a shitload of bad music before they make any good music. Just give it time.

The vocals probably aren't vocals you like becuase of the fact that we're not thrash, and yeah, I'm not gonna replace myself.
Yes the quality is horrible, but next weekend we'll be having a home recording, a little better then this.

His sweeping was off?
Man, I didn't even catch that.
But yeah, He get's on JSP as well. so I'll let him see this.
thanks for the critique.
Warn: 10%
Apr 26 2009 06:58pm
that was fucking god awful.
Apr 26 2009 08:07pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Mon, Apr 27 2009, 01:58am)
that was fucking god awful.

Thank you.
Apr 26 2009 08:15pm
Quote (serenadetohate @ Sun, Apr 26 2009, 10:07pm)
Thank you.

That's the spirit.
Gold: 3,032.85
Apr 26 2009 08:51pm
ehh...
Gold: 1.04
Apr 27 2009 04:10am
uhm... the drums just suck, can't comment on the guitar (couldn't hear), the singing... uhm, look no matter how much you feel like screaming is good, it has to be *somewhat* melodic in order for it to actually be music. I personally hate screaming, but I used to listen to the genre and this is definitely not close to the standard... and to be perfectly honest you look like an idiot if you don't scream properly lol.

Also, actually face the camera next time?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll