d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Check Out A Few Of My Covers! > Www.myspace.com/burkeler
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Apr 13 2009 04:35pm
Yo guy's I put up a myspace earlier this month, thought I'd toss it up here for some feedback!

www.myspace.com/burkeler

I recorded through a Line 6 XT Live Pro (which is a piece of shit and a total tone suck) and right into Audactiy/Reaper and mixed it with the original track.

For the most part the only guitar you'll hear is mine, and because it was all one take there will be a few mistake's here and there
but I left them alone so you can distinguish my guitar from those in the original tracks! Let me know what you think!

Add me up if you'd like.

Thank's.

This post was edited by Reversion2 on Apr 13 2009 04:42pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Apr 13 2009 04:43pm
I can't tell what is and isn't you. Covers generally aren't a very good indication of skill, I want to hear originals.
Apr 13 2009 04:48pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 10:43pm)
I can't tell what is and isn't you. Covers generally aren't a very good indication of skill, I want to hear originals.

Like I mentioned the majority of guitar you will hear is me. And I agree with you on the statement that original's are a better indication of skill.
I am working on a lot of original's I'm just waiting to find people dedicated enough to fine tune and put their own style in on my material. For right now
it's just me. Everyone i meet that play's an instrument are just casual player's. I play a lot and want to practice a lot and there aren't a lotta people like
that here hahah. It's kinda sad actually.
Warn: 10%
Apr 13 2009 04:51pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 10:48pm)
Like I mentioned the majority of guitar you will hear is me. And I agree with you on the statement that original's are a better indication of skill.
I am working on a lot of original's I'm just waiting to find people dedicated enough to fine tune and put their own style in on my material. For right now
it's just me. Everyone i meet that play's an instrument are just casual player's. I play a lot and want to practice a lot and there aren't a lotta people like

i hear that man, story of my life. i jam with tons of people, but it's all just for fun. talking about starting bands even with my closest friends is just not worthwhile, cause i'm just 100% more dedicated.
Apr 13 2009 04:52pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 06:48pm)

IMO jamming with an inexperienced drummer or even someone who barely knows shit is more productive than playing alone, to an extent. You still need to practice by yourself, but you learn a lot by playing with other people. You should really jam every chance you get, even if you think they suck.
Apr 13 2009 04:56pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 10:52pm)
IMO jamming with an inexperienced drummer or even someone who barely knows shit is more productive than playing alone, to an extent. You still need to practice by yourself, but you learn a lot by playing with other people. You should really jam every chance you get, even if you think they suck.

Oh yeah man I agree, it's alway's fun to jam. But it's REALLY bad to jam with someone who can't play an instrument lol. There is a difference between sucking
and not knowing anything about the instrument you play. But I do agree I'd jam with just about anyone and I do jam with just about anyone so long as they can
some what hold their own on the instrument they play.

Quote (sublime96 @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 10:51pm)
i hear that man, story of my life. i jam with tons of people, but it's all just for fun. talking about starting bands even with my closest friends is just not worthwhile, cause i'm just 100% more dedicated.

HAHAHA Yeah my buddy said he was going to take vocal lesson's so we could get a project started and he just forgot lol.
Gold: 220.00
Apr 13 2009 05:18pm
did you just put a guitar track over the song?
Apr 13 2009 06:38pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Mon, Apr 13 2009, 11:18pm)
did you just put a guitar track over the song?

Pretty much, all one take no editing for the most part. Aside from a few volume tweeks on my end to make my part's stand out more
I didn't really mess with it. I looked for backing track but the majority of backing track's sound like shit lol.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll