d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Ganglion Cysts / Wrist Pain > Saxophone / Piano
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 233.00
Mar 29 2009 04:24pm
Hi, I've been playing the Saxophone and Piano daily for about 7 months, I usually play for about 2 hours on each instrument. Lately my wrists have been feeling sluggish and my right wrist has a ganglion cyst on the underside of it (palm side). My left wrist lately has been very painful with popping noises frequently. I asked on this forum because I'm sure guitarists and pianists have experience with this sort of issue. Any advice on how to reduce the ganglion cysts or even how to stretch my wrists before I play? help, its becoming painful to type now.
Gold: 431.00
Mar 29 2009 05:52pm
for ur wrist pain,
Bursitis or tendinitis
stop now for awhile, find a doctor if its not too expensive where u live,
he' will be able to say how ur tendinitis is extended...
this happen when ur are stressing ur wrist too much, 2 solutions less praticing or find a way to pratice without stress...
its very hard to get out of any stress when you play piano...
personnaly i've been stopped to play piano for 1 month after my last tendinitis ...
one last thing, if you want to stop the pain try to use an elastic band on your wrist to limit your movement: you will cure your problem faster doing this
try apply some ice too
anyway rest is the key
gl

This post was edited by daxvidk on Mar 29 2009 05:56pm
Gold: 5.01
Mar 29 2009 06:03pm
usually over time the ganglion cyst will go down.
Gold: 3.00
Mar 29 2009 11:08pm
Quote (Jazz_Thing @ Sun, Mar 29 2009, 03:24pm)
Hi, I've been playing the Saxophone and Piano daily for about 7 months, I usually play for about 2 hours on each instrument. Lately my wrists have been feeling sluggish and my right wrist has a ganglion cyst on the underside of it (palm side). My left wrist lately has been very painful with popping noises frequently. I asked on this forum because I'm sure guitarists and pianists have experience with this sort of issue. Any advice on how to reduce the ganglion cysts or even how to stretch my wrists before I play? help, its becoming painful to type now.

Hi. I'm a guitar player of 4 years, and I've also developed these cysts. I have two on my right arm, one on my forearm and one under it almost in the same place, and two on my left arm in the same locations. Only the ones on my left arm ( fret arm ) hurt. Some peoples bodies just develop these, while others don't. Playing less is incredibly unlikely to make them go away. You can have them removed surgically, but there's a chance they will come back. Talk to your doctor about it. Hope I helped.
Gold: 19,597.59
Mar 30 2009 04:35pm
i suggest less computer time. that has helped me in the past -ive had lots of issues with both wrists for the last year.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll