d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Busking, Anybody Ever Do It?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 565.00
Mar 21 2009 02:48pm
i'm pretty broke and need to buy a new guitar case, amp, and other music related stuff. i was thinking a fun way to make money would be to go into san francisco and play guitar. in my old town i did something like this in 7th grade with saxaphone when i was just learning. i really sucked and just played the music i got from my school band, but i made lots of money because people thought a little kid playing a new instrument was cute. when i did this i never really thought about needing a permit but i just never really ran into any trouble.

anybody ever go out busking? and if so do you need a permit where you live or do you just go without one?

This post was edited by STANUL on Mar 21 2009 02:49pm
Gold: 19,597.59
Mar 21 2009 03:14pm
a lot of major cities require you to get a "busking liscense". i had never heard of this until i got into a little trouble in downtown kansas city. i bet you could make a lot playing in san francisco, id advise playing your sax vs guitar, you see a lot of guitarists busking, not as many sax players. sounds fun!

most we made is about $60 in two hours between several of us, but it is always a blast and youll likely meet some interesting people.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll