d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Schecter V1
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2009 12:44am
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Hellraiser-V1-Electric-Guitar?sku=515918

Any thoughts on it? Pro's and con's?

Thinking of buying it. Only turn off so far is the EMGs and not knowing how beefy the neck is.
Gold: 4,883.80
Jan 27 2009 09:27am
Why are EMG's a turn off? huh.gif And i personally think you should get a different Schecter make with a floyd rose. WHats the point in getting one without? You may aswell just get a Jackson or Ibanez
Gold: 3.00
Jan 27 2009 03:32pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 07:27am)
Why are EMG's a turn off? huh.gif And i personally think you should get a different Schecter make with a floyd rose. WHats the point in getting one without? You may aswell just get a Jackson or Ibanez

Not everyone likes/uses a whammy bar. They have a LOT of inconveniences to them when it comes to playability. If you use alot of heavy palm muting or alternate picking, you'll hate it. The bridge bops up and down every time your wrist moves with those techniques. Other than that they're tons of fun.

@ Topic

Yeah EMG'S fucking suck, most generic tone ever. Sounds horrid on the clean channel as well. I have a schecter c-1 classic and a schecter c-1 hellraiser FR, so I can tell you they make very high quality guitars for the price. If you end up buying one with emgs ( My hellraiser still has them in, I don't have the money to change em just yet ) then just save up and buy some Duncan or Gibson pickups.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 27 2009 10:23pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Tue, Jan 27 2009, 04:32pm)
Not everyone likes/uses a whammy bar. They have a LOT of inconveniences to them when it comes to playability. If you use alot of heavy palm muting or alternate picking, you'll hate it. The bridge bops up and down every time your wrist moves with those techniques. Other than that they're tons of fun.

@ Topic

Yeah EMG'S fucking suck, most generic tone ever. Sounds horrid on the clean channel as well. I have a schecter c-1 classic and a schecter c-1 hellraiser FR, so I can tell you they make very high quality guitars for the price. If you end up buying one with emgs ( My hellraiser still has them in, I don't have the money to change em just yet ) then just save up and buy some Duncan or Gibson pickups.

Trying to decide between the ESP V500 and this. I like thin necks and I'll probably just switch the EMGs for SD 59/JB or Blackouts
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll