d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi British Guitarists ! > Help Me Out Plz :)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 550.66
Jan 13 2009 01:35pm
Hi all.
the question is very easy (it's for an homework I got to do for my business school):
If I live in GB, and I want to buy mysef a guitar, where should I go (I mean real shops, I cant and dont want buy one on iternet).
I need to know the main towns where Guitar shops are, and how they are (very big shops, distributors, luxuary shops, small shops private owned, etc etc).
Is there any BIG shop (supermarkets or so) where people can buy either a guitar or some things that are completely diferent (musical instruments or not).
describe me how it is... I need any kind of information about the guitar shops in GB.
If you follow economic studies, I got to implant a brand of guitars in UK and so I need to target the right shops, to know how they work, what is the panel of shops / distributors I can work with.
post only about GB please !
thanks.

This post was edited by BK_cinne on Jan 13 2009 01:36pm
Gold: 620.96
Jan 13 2009 05:20pm
I recall that I ordered my stage piano from dolphin music and the main shop is in Britain, cheap/good shop.
Gold: 4,883.80
Jan 13 2009 05:36pm
Quote (BK_cinne @ Tue, 13 Jan 2009, 19:35)
Hi all.
the question is very easy (it's for an homework I got to do for my business school):
If I live in GB, and I want to buy mysef a guitar, where should I go (I mean real shops, I cant and dont want buy one on iternet).
I need to know the main towns where Guitar shops are, and how they are (very big shops, distributors, luxuary shops, small shops private owned, etc etc).
Is there any BIG shop (supermarkets or so) where people can buy either a guitar or some things that are completely diferent (musical instruments or not).
describe me how it is... I need any kind of information about the guitar shops in GB.
If you follow economic studies, I got to implant a brand of guitars in UK and so I need to target the right shops, to know how they work, what is the panel of shops / distributors I can work with.
post only about GB please !
thanks.

London has got loads in 1 area. Between Tottenham Court Road and Leicester Square there are atleast 9 guitar shops, one of which is a Gibson Collector, and they have some 50's Les Pauls man! It's nuts!
Liverpool also has some guitar shops, and i only know of one in Birmingham near the PinCushion building.

As for general shops, MachineHead and Coda Music are the only commercial ones i know of
Gold: 25.00
Jan 13 2009 07:25pm
London's West End
Gold: 0.79
Jan 14 2009 04:28am
Denmark Street!!
Gold: 550.66
Jan 14 2009 08:54am
thank you all, you gave me good tips smile.gif
cheers,
Jerem.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List