d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Need Help :p
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.95
Dec 25 2008 07:30am
Alright, so I got an electric guitar for christmas + an amp. Nothing too expensive, but then again i'm not extremely good.

I screwed in the wammy bar, how do I actually use it? It doesn't seem to do anything like when i've gone to concerts and heard it. It actually doesn't do anything at all.

Also, I saw in the sticky for "play like your favorite guitarrist" it said change the reverb and all that. All I can change on my amp is the base and trebel and volume. Do some amps just not have that option?

And my amp has a button that says "clean" where it gets very loud, what's that?

xD

This post was edited by PanikingDisco on Dec 25 2008 07:38am
Gold: 250.84
Dec 25 2008 01:01pm
If i remember correctly, if the clean button isnt pressed you do some sound and its like WAAAAARMMMMM and if you press it well it become clean without the waaarm. Can't help you witht he wammy bar since i never used it.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 25 2008 01:02pm
Push the wammy bar towards the guitar. Some amps don't have many options. Mine has a knob that says reverb. The button "clean" probbaly changes it from clean to overdrive.
Dec 25 2008 07:20pm
Quote (mxmtopple @ Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 14:02)
Push the wammy bar towards the guitar. Some amps don't have many options. Mine has a knob that says reverb. The button "clean" probbaly changes it from clean to overdrive.

Quote (Lrq-Arebest @ Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 14:01)
If i remember correctly, if the clean button isnt pressed you do some sound and its like WAAAAARMMMMM and if you press it well it become clean without the waaarm. Can't help you witht he wammy bar since i never used it.

Thanks, I figured out the clean button makes it not have noise distortion.

The wammy bar only moves like i'm screwing or unscrewing it, it won't go towards the guitar.
Gold: 220.00
Dec 25 2008 08:25pm
you gotta press on it hard. There are springs on the back that are on pretty tights so you gotta use some force. Now depending on the type of whammy you may only push into the guitar (press down so the bar touches the body of the guitar) or you may be able to pull up away from the guitar as well. Got a picture of the guitar?
Dec 25 2008 08:53pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Thu, 25 Dec 2008, 21:25)
you gotta press on it hard. There are springs on the back that are on pretty tights so you gotta use some force. Now depending on the type of whammy you may only push into the guitar (press down so the bar touches the body of the guitar) or you may be able to pull up away from the guitar as well. Got a picture of the guitar?

Gold: 0.20
Dec 25 2008 10:57pm
ahhh yeah push to the body all the way, also if nothing happens the springs in the back must of been taken out,[edit] and if it only unscrewes or screws then it probably has a broken whammy mechanism[edit], i had a guitar just like that, the whammy broke so i took the springs out by taking off the panel in the back, then unskrewed the whammy bar from the bridge, most amps dont have a reverb button, so what you do is buy pedals to hook to amp, they can be for distortion, chorus, echo, reverb and alot of those settings, so you may want to invest in those.
the clean button makes a clean channel so your getting just what the guitar sounds like, so it pretty much disables the treble and bass. if you need any help just pm me.

This post was edited by TFoG_Leader on Dec 25 2008 11:19pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll