d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Begining Guitar
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8.02
Warn: 100%
Nov 21 2008 07:19pm
Can anyone link me to some songs that a begining guitarist can play?
Gold: 282.00
Nov 21 2008 07:46pm
Stairway to heaven
Gold: 8,653.74
Nov 21 2008 09:05pm
Quote (Bes @ Fri, Nov 21 2008, 06:46pm)
Stairway to heaven

don't play crap rock. if you really want to be good, start with classical tunes. i can email you a whole method of learning thats easy, self edited, which teaches you classical positions, how to read real music (and tabs, afterwards), you'll be pulling things these rock scrubs only dream of. I'm about to finish a bachelors in music, minor in education, guitar my primary instrument. The best way to learn guitar is through a private tutor that knows what the hell he's doing, teaching you ONLY classical theory. by mastering classical theroy (1-4 months depending on dedication) you can teach yourself rock, blues, country, etc, by yourself, with minimal help. otherwise, learning crap/incorrect/incomplete/incoherent tabs, if you're serious about guitar, you'll be screwing yourself over. pm me if necessary.
Gold: 620.96
Nov 22 2008 08:51am
Quote (onepagememory @ Sat, 22 Nov 2008, 06:05)
don't play crap rock. if you really want to be good, start with classical tunes. i can email you a whole method of learning thats easy, self edited, which teaches you classical positions, how to read real music (and tabs, afterwards), you'll be pulling things these rock scrubs only dream of. I'm about to finish a bachelors in music, minor in education, guitar my primary instrument. The best way to learn guitar is through a private tutor that knows what the hell he's doing, teaching you ONLY classical theory. by mastering classical theroy (1-4 months depending on dedication) you can teach yourself rock, blues, country, etc, by yourself, with minimal help. otherwise, learning crap/incorrect/incomplete/incoherent tabs, if you're serious about guitar, you'll be screwing yourself over. pm me if necessary.

jesus, stairway to heaven is a good song to start off, it doesnt matter what you play at the start. What really matters is that you really play the damn instrument.
Gold: 285.00
Nov 22 2008 11:24am
stairway is the first song I learnt. I'd recommend if you are just starting to get some chords down tho.. Look at something like Oasis, simple strumming patterns and chords
Gold: 203.33
Nov 22 2008 02:26pm
Quote (onepagememory @ Fri, Nov 21 2008, 07:05pm)

Sometimes people just play guitar for fun.

I, myself prefer proper instruction, but everybody is different.
Gold: 13.37
Nov 22 2008 03:13pm
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the aoroplane over the sea
Really easy song to play, also a great song in my opinion.
YouTube or something
Gold: 2.57
Nov 22 2008 04:00pm
I'd just play some stuff that YOU like. Don't learn songs you dont like and aren't really familiar with.

Learn a few songs so you can atleast play something and have fun. After that, start seriously working on technique.
Gold: 9,925.00
Nov 22 2008 08:17pm
Start with something good
dont just learn crazy train and soem fall out boy bullshit
classical peices are cool, but kinda lame.
Jazz isnt great either

Just listen to stuff u like, after all, you are the one playing
i personally love metallica's old songs
so i would look for some technical, but not to hard songs that you like
Ultimate-guitar.com <- good tab website ( but learn sheet music )
Gold: 8.02
Warn: 100%
Nov 22 2008 08:33pm
Quote (guitarman6293 @ Sat, Nov 22 2008, 07:17pm)
Start with something good
dont just learn crazy train and soem fall out boy bullshit
classical peices are cool, but kinda lame.
Jazz isnt great either

Just listen to stuff u like, after all, you are the one playing
i personally love metallica's old songs
so i would look for some technical, but not to hard songs that you like
Ultimate-guitar.com <- good tab website ( but learn sheet music )

Thanks for all the advice, just went out and bought some classical books and such, learned more in the last 3 days than I have in 3 months of playing.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll