d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > $$ For A Good Amp! (or Paypal) > Yep, Up To 600$
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33.90
Oct 13 2008 02:37pm
what's going on guys.
So i have purchased my guitar finally. I have the esp fx-400 spalted maple with the 81/60 pickups but have no idea what amp to buy.
i have heard tube amps are the way to go but i would like some opinions and possibly be able to buy an amp soon within the next week.
i play alot of metal/rock (bullet/job for a cowboy/ozzy etc.) i also like a clean tone. I'm not wanting a 100% distortion amp due to i have purchased a Boss gt-8 guitar processor so i can get the sound effects i need from that.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look guys
p.s. only way id buy an amp rly is if it were posted on eebay and i can do a buy it now.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 13 2008 03:24pm
Quote (Yalla @ Mon, Oct 13 2008, 03:37pm)
what's going on guys.
So i have purchased my guitar finally. I have the esp fx-400 spalted maple with the 81/60 pickups but have no idea what amp to buy.
i have heard tube amps are the way to go but i would like some opinions and possibly be able to buy an amp soon within the next week.
i play alot of metal/rock (bullet/job for a cowboy/ozzy etc.) i also like a clean tone. I'm not wanting a 100% distortion amp due to i have purchased a Boss gt-8 guitar processor so i can get the sound effects i need from that.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look guys
p.s. only way id buy an amp rly is if it were posted on eeebay and i can do a buy it now.

B-52 AT Series @ musiciansfriend
Take a look at the 2x12 combo
I have one of those, which i played for 2 years playing anything from worship music to metal ( lamb of god, throwdown, bullet )
Gold: 220.00
Oct 13 2008 03:31pm
Well the obvious choice is a peavey 5150, you can get one used for around 600 bucks for the combo. This will get you a much better metal tone than the B-52 AT.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll